PDA

View Full Version : new vibration, please help diagnose

mikemaster
08-08-2005, 08:31 AM
Last night while driving on the highway I started to notice a sound developing in the driveline. It only occurred when I lifted off the gas and coasted with the car still in gear. This morning my wife drove the car to work and called to tell me that it is now a pretty good vibration when you let off the gas, and it gets worse the faster she's going. Anyways, I can't look at it til she gets home but I'm guessing maybe guibo or center bearing, or maybe the p.o.s. dual mass flywheel. Any thoughts?

nyc525iTe34
08-08-2005, 08:45 AM
Sounds like you should check your drive line/shaft - most likely worn out CV joints. Also, you might check the hand break mechanism.

Bill R.
08-08-2005, 10:25 AM
As the guibo starts to come unraveled

Last night while driving on the highway I started to notice a sound developing in the driveline. It only occurred when I lifted off the gas and coasted with the car still in gear. This morning my wife drove the car to work and called to tell me that it is now a pretty good vibration when you let off the gas, and it gets worse the faster she's going. Anyways, I can't look at it til she gets home but I'm guessing maybe guibo or center bearing, or maybe the p.o.s. dual mass flywheel. Any thoughts?

Beemr750
08-08-2005, 11:53 AM
As the guibo starts to come unraveled

Do his cars have guibos?

mikemaster
08-08-2005, 12:14 PM
Forgot to mention this is on the 535.

Bill R.
08-08-2005, 12:28 PM
Do his cars have guibos?

mikemaster
08-08-2005, 12:45 PM
Well, Bill was right--guibo. My wife came home for lunch and I checked it out. Guess I'll be putting in a call to BMA.