PDA

View Full Version : weird engine behavior

grave77
08-06-2005, 05:16 AM
I had a chocking problem when engine heats up .. cutting off at around 5K RPM that was so abvious to me as a fuel pump failour. but I bough a new one and I still have the same problem. I called the technican I usually take my car to and he told ,me few things might be the reason ... fuel filter, distributer cap and spark plugs. I tested the high voltage coil and the wires they were showing good readings ... also there was no high voltage leaks or cracks on the transformer.
any other ideas why would the engine chock when heated? thanks ...

632 Regal
08-06-2005, 09:16 AM
check the cap and rotor? what plugs are you running? whats the fuel pressure when your running it down the road when the engine stops @ 5k?

Interceptor
08-06-2005, 09:18 AM
check the cap and rotor? what plugs are you running? whats the fuel pressure when your running it down the road when the engine stops @ 5k?
How do you check your fuel pressure while running down the road at 5k rpm? :)

BM-BOY
08-06-2005, 03:43 PM
I am having the same problems as you at the moment, but worse - my car splutters all through the rev range now, and has even started backfiring!. I have replaced the fuel filter, and checked the spark plugs/leads, and the problem is still as bad.
My garage had the car all day on friday, and still couldn't find a problem... As soon as I find out, I'll let you know...