PDA

View Full Version : OT - What to replace Dexcool with in GM V8?

Robin-535im
08-05-2005, 01:56 PM
First, I must confess... my wife indeed has a big ol' SUV. "Crash into me and I'll still come out unscathed" big Tahoe.

It's time to get rid of the Dexcool... anyone know what to use in a 2002 GM V8 in place of Dexcool?

TIA!

Robin

dacoyote
08-05-2005, 02:15 PM
First, I must confess... my wife indeed has a big ol' SUV. "Crash into me and I'll still come out unscathed" big Tahoe.

It's time to get rid of the Dexcool... anyone know what to use in a 2002 GM V8 in place of Dexcool?

TIA!

Robin

I used the green stuff in the last DexaCool rebuilt I did....

(Mixing DexaCool / Green because your bf told you it was ok isn't a good idea)
New Headgasket, new value cover gasket, new water pump / term, new heater core, new rad, new hoses.... two knuckles... and the friend that said "Charles can do that sort of stuff" not helping a lot.... priceless + 500USD)

-Charles

Bill R.
08-05-2005, 02:16 PM
tap into the heater hose flush kits and a garden hose.. until you're positive you have all the dexcool out and then I would use the prestone extended life thats now green colored... 5 year life and supposedly compatible with the different coolants out there now, but i would still make every attempt to flush all the dexcool out first since it doesn't play well with others...

TIA!

Robin

Robin-535im
08-05-2005, 05:29 PM
tap into the heater hose flush kits and a garden hose.. until you're positive you have all the dexcool out and then I would use the prestone extended life thats now green colored... 5 year life and supposedly compatible with the different coolants out there now, but i would still make every attempt to flush all the dexcool out first since it doesn't play well with others...

Cool - Thanks!!! Just what I was looking for.

632 Regal
08-06-2005, 09:27 AM
yes leave a little in there and you get a hard jello type substance.