PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Style 5's?

Guelphguy
08-05-2005, 09:44 AM
http://bmwclub.ca/cgi/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=4sale;action=display;num=1123251920

located in Montreal - Canada, so that is like $510 usd for you USA peeps...

granit_silber
08-05-2005, 03:11 PM
http://bmwclub.ca/cgi/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=4sale;action=display;num=1123251920

located in Montreal - Canada, so that is like $510 usd for you USA peeps...

Stupid question...

How far is Montreal from Toronto? (I'll be there at the end of this month)
-ashley

Jay 535i
08-05-2005, 04:19 PM
Stupid question...

How far is Montreal from Toronto? (I'll be there at the end of this month)
-ashley

About 350 miles.

SharkmanBMW
08-05-2005, 06:00 PM
I am in montreal... I need wheels badly, but am unwilling to use wheels that need hubcentric rings... I hear stories of shimmies...
I already have the shimmies, hence the need for wheels (bent and beaten!)
BUT I don't want to chance it... I have Tstars coming in 2 weeks, at way more$$ though!
If someone wants these, I could help out with the details...
5 hours to Toronto from my place...

Paul in NZ
08-05-2005, 06:03 PM
sharkman are your tens beyond help?Have you looked at getting them straightened and or refurbished?

SharkmanBMW
08-05-2005, 07:41 PM
sharkman are your tens beyond help?Have you looked at getting them straightened and or refurbished?

LMFAO!!!!!
Dude, you have no idea!
They have been sent out so many times the company will not even look at them anymore - they are too fragile and have no lip in spots! (from straightening)
SCRAP!
I had a flat the other day that ended up being the wheel out of round and the bead leaked... removed tire, added bead sealer, LOTS, and reinstall!
it works for awhile.
Each wheel has its own story too, I remember each pothole or bump that did the real damage... but when you see them spin on the balance machine... they are all over the place, flat, no lip, out of round, flat, .......... our roads suck!

DueyT
08-05-2005, 08:05 PM
LMFAO!!!!!
Dude, you have no idea!
They have been sent out so many times the company will not even look at them anymore - they are too fragile and have no lip in spots! (from straightening)
SCRAP!
I had a flat the other day that ended up being the wheel out of round and the bead leaked... removed tire, added bead sealer, LOTS, and reinstall!
it works for awhile.
Each wheel has its own story too, I remember each pothole or bump that did the real damage... but when you see them spin on the balance machine... they are all over the place, flat, no lip, out of round, flat, .......... our roads suck!
Chris, I hear you! That's the only place I've ever gotten a pothole-iunduced flat tire! When I was living in Montreal years ago, I remember Hwy 20 even had a 40 km/h limit (yup, that's 25 mph for friends South of the 49th) from Beaconsfield to Lasalle...that potholes were so bad! :( WTF? It's a highway!!!

That said, I would try the wheels with some high quality hubcentric rings...do they make 'em in stainless? The price is pretty hard to beat....looks like just a bit of rash (although the pic could be of the best looking wheel.)

Cheers,
Duey

Paul in NZ
08-06-2005, 12:04 AM
LMFAO!!!!!
Dude, you have no idea!

thats a a sobering thought...Ithought OeM BMW wheels were nearly indestrucible.....

Derek A.
08-06-2005, 09:12 AM
Most of the cars that came in to the shop (Detroit) with 17-18" wheels were bent up. The roads around here are terrible. Local shop charged around $500 to straighen and refinish.

Jean@MtMiguel
08-07-2005, 12:01 AM
Chris, I hear you! That's the only place I've ever gotten a pothole-iunduced flat tire! When I was living in Montreal years ago, I remember Hwy 20 even had a 40 km/h limit (yup, that's 25 mph for friends South of the 49th) from Beaconsfield to Lasalle...that potholes were so bad! :( WTF? It's a highway!!!

That said, I would try the wheels with some high quality hubcentric rings...do they make 'em in stainless? The price is pretty hard to beat....looks like just a bit of rash (although the pic could be of the best looking wheel.)

Cheers,
Duey
My apologies for hijacking---- welcome to sunny California land of earthquakes, and nice freeway on ramps, almost free of potholes, but high cost of living, 80 mph or beyond on 65 mph posted limit , CHiPs (California Highway Patrol) are negligible, except local Pooolice on groups of 5's .with radars on city streets.