PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problem

John Terrell
08-04-2005, 04:43 PM
Hello,
Our 1989 525i has developed a somewhat intermittent problem with what seems like a fuse or relay. The central locking system, sunroof, power windows and radio do not work when the problem hits us.
I have a Bentley repair manual but am having a hard time interpreting the fuse number they specify and that fuse number in the fuse block.
Is anyone familiar with this problem that can lend some advice?
Thanks,
John

John Terrell
08-04-2005, 04:58 PM
For anyone reading, I looked at Bruno's site after I posed the question and it looks like the fuseable link is the problem.
Bruno's site is really good. Sorry I didn't look there first.

QUOTE=John Terrell]Hello,
Our 1989 525i has developed a somewhat intermittent problem with what seems like a fuse or relay. The central locking system, sunroof, power windows and radio do not work when the problem hits us.
I have a Bentley repair manual but am having a hard time interpreting the fuse number they specify and that fuse number in the fuse block.
Is anyone familiar with this problem that can lend some advice?
Thanks,
John[/QUOTE]

uscharalph
08-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Lots of good information on that site.

socfan
09-08-2005, 02:23 AM
Lots of good information on that site.

I just acquired the same electrical issues. No power to the Locks, Window, Radio or Sunroof.

Did changing out the fusible link 80amp solve your problem?

Qube
10-05-2005, 06:34 AM
Bringing up an older thread.

On mine, I lose the sunroof and power windows. Locks and radio are fine. I'll check the standard fuses but it's intermittent... bah.

uscharalph
10-05-2005, 10:37 AM
Bringing up an older thread.

On mine, I lose the sunroof and power windows. Locks and radio are fine. I'll check the standard fuses but it's intermittent... bah.
Did you clean the switches?

Kalevera
10-05-2005, 03:54 PM
Qube, that could be a general module issue, depending on circumstances. The windows and sunroof share internal relays on some operations and use different relays for other operations (ie - closing versus opening).

best, whit