PDA

View Full Version : Does auto-up only work on driver's windows

rnrn
08-02-2005, 09:33 PM
or am I missing something? I can get them all to go DOWN, but only the driver's to go up with the quick jab.

mbogosia
08-02-2005, 09:35 PM
Same on mine. I wish all of them would work. My auto up on drivers side also disengages when you touch another window while it is going up.

Kalevera
08-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Yup. No US car came with 4 window one touch up...all have driver's one touch up as long as it's a power window :) I started a thread a few weeks ago to determine the veracity of the passenger side one touch up in a Euro M5T at the shop. Apparently, it's the same for EURO cars, as well (no pinch protection, in either case, for the windows, so no one touch up on the pass side -- Rob's M5T is an odd exception to the rule).

You can retrofit a device on to do it. Do a search -- the thread's around here somewhere :)

best, whit

Kalevera
08-02-2005, 09:52 PM
Here you go:

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=12142

shogun
08-02-2005, 10:15 PM
but up to now it does not work, respectively the development by the 'designer' is put on hold, as he now has another Alpina B12 5.0 and busy with that.
Basically:
up to 09/1990: only drivers side one touch up AND down
All other windows NOT.

With the introduction from 09/1990 of the new GM it was possible for all 4 windows one touch down, but still only drivers side up.

Anyone tried that thingy from bavauto?

Part # : BMW2T
Add the convenience of 'one touch' windows or sunroof to any BMW. Fully compatible with any factory BMW power window system. Simply tap the switch once and the window with travel all the way up or down. There's never any need to mount additional switches because Autoloc's BMW2T works with all BMW factory window switches. The BMW2T may be used with any remote control devices that operate your windows.
One Touch Window Module - Controls 2 Windows

http://www.bavauto.com/assets/product_images/prod/bmwwe.jpg

Price; $ 199.95 !!!! for one of course, and you probably need 2 of them.

uscharalph
08-02-2005, 10:27 PM
I believe it is a safety feature that the other windows don't have one touch.

uscharalph
08-02-2005, 10:28 PM
The other safety part is the if you need to stop the one touch, just hit one of the other window buttons or the sunroof.

chad_cra
08-03-2005, 01:23 PM
or am I missing something? I can get them all to go DOWN, but only the driver's to go up with the quick jab.
I don't know if this will help you any at all, however, mine(89 5351) is the same way except that when I lock my doors from the drivers side and hold it it does close all my windaows and sunroof. I know that is not auto up but it does get it done.

uscharalph
08-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Yeah, but the real benefit of auto up is while you're driving. Hit the button and get your attention back to the road.

I do like and use the feature using the door lock to close all windows and sunroof.

rnrn
08-03-2005, 05:49 PM
Yeah, but the real benefit of auto up is while you're driving. Hit the button and get your attention back to the road.

I do like and use the feature using the door lock to close all windows and sunroof.

and usc, thanks, I'm aware of that feature and love it.

shapetoshoot
08-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Sort of related.... One touch only works on the drivers door of my car and I’m pretty happy with that, as I occasionally I have my kids in the car, they love to play with the windows and the rears are like scissors to little fingers. One touch is usually just the driver’s door with most car makes.

What I do really like is being able to close the window after the ignition is turned off. I don’t get this in any of the new cars I drive, regardless of cost or supposed luxury.
Every other car that won't let you do this, which in my experience is EVERY other car, annoys me just enough to disappoint.

It’s what BM does well, usable features.

uscharalph
08-03-2005, 07:50 PM
Sort of related.... One touch only works on the drivers door of my car and I’m pretty happy with that, as I occasionally I have my kids in the car, they love to play with the windows and the rears are like scissors to little fingers. One touch is usually just the driver’s door with most car makes.

What I do really like is being able to close the window after the ignition is turned off. I don’t get this in any of the new cars I drive, regardless of cost or supposed luxury.
Every other car that won't let you do this, which in my experience is EVERY other car, annoys me just enough to disappoint.

It’s what BM does well, usable features.
I didn't know about the ability to open and close the windows after you turn off the car and take out the key. I just checked it out and Voila! Learn something new every day.