PDA

View Full Version : Little help from my friends

ericbendler
08-02-2005, 02:06 PM
Ok,

Quick one. My girl's park avenue overheated and shut off. I think the timing belt went bad. (I'm sure you all know how often timing belts frequent women's thoughts). The car was overheating when she shut it off. Now there is oil in the first two viewed spark plug wells.

Any guesses? Valve cover gasket, too rich?, blow by? Just trying to keep here from running into to crooked of a mech.

While my '91 525i rolls on without a hiccup!!

BLESS YOU ALL !

Bimmer Nut Ed
08-02-2005, 04:26 PM
That would have to be a valve cover gasket, imho.

632 Regal
08-02-2005, 04:47 PM
does it turn over/start now?

Kalevera
08-02-2005, 07:58 PM
Haha... Guys guys guys...

This ain't no chevy board :D I can't seem to keep my old man's running, for what it's worth...

Having said that...a few questions:

What year/model? Are we talking a 3.1, 3800 Series I/II /supercharged? I'm thinking it's a 3800 supercharged...standard fare on most park avenues. They don't have timing belts TMK, but anything is possible with GM crap. Also, these pushrod motors don't have the spark plug wells sitting in the middle of a DOHC, so the valve cover gasket idea is uh....a possibility...but you'd see it leaking and probably smell it as well.

Like Jeff said -- does it start or is it dead?

How much oil are we talking about here? There's not much beyond loose plugs or a damaged head that could fill those holes. Does this thing have dexcool in it? If so, just take the thing to the junk yard :D

best, whit

632 Regal
08-02-2005, 08:04 PM
Does this thing have dexcool in it? If so, just take the thing to the junk yard :D.

DanDombrowski
08-02-2005, 08:45 PM
I told my girlfriend that we need to check to see what the service interval on her timing belt is on her Camry since she's put a lot of miles on it.

Her response?

"You're boring when you talk about cars. Lets watch Friends!"

ericbendler
08-04-2005, 01:41 PM
I don't think it is supercharged, and it does turn over. I don't know what dexacool is to check it out. It was running fine and then she said that after she "missed and exit" and drove for an extra 3 1/2 hours that it began to shutter and then shut off.

The first mechanic that looked at it (it is an hour away from where I live), said that there was oil in the first two spark plug wells.

THanks for the input guys.

Nice one about Friends....lol