PDA

View Full Version : where to get hard to find bushings

spddmn713
08-02-2005, 11:57 AM
I am replacing just about every bushing under the car and i am having trouble finding a couple. I am looking for the bushing that goes in front of the rear diff and the bushing for the shifter linkage that slips into the clip that bolts to the body (sorry, bad explanation). Those are the two that i just can not find. I was wondering if anyone knew of a place where i could order that would be cheaper than the stealer. I have tried bma, bav auto, and some other parts sites that use the same catalog, but no luck. Thanks for the help.

SRR2
08-02-2005, 12:20 PM
I've found that autohausaz.com consistently has better stock and better pricing than BMA. Dunno abotu your bushings, but you might give them a shot. I've found a couple of odds and ends at eap4parts.com that were available nowhere else. Be advised however, their online order management and tracking just SUCKS. There's no other word for it. The one order I placed with them took longer to fill than I thought it should have, but they did have the weird part at a good price and finally delivered it after some prompting.

Another thing to try is to bring up google advanced web search and plug your part number in. You might be surprised what turns up.

Robin-535im
08-02-2005, 12:36 PM
I am replacing just about every bushing under the car and i am having trouble finding a couple. I am looking for the bushing that goes in front of the rear diff and the bushing for the shifter linkage that slips into the clip that bolts to the body (sorry, bad explanation). Those are the two that i just can not find. I was wondering if anyone knew of a place where i could order that would be cheaper than the stealer. I have tried bma, bav auto, and some other parts sites that use the same catalog, but no luck. Thanks for the help.

BMA just ordered the front diff-to-carrier bushing for me a few weeks ago. Patrick had to have it special ordered from Germany, but it only added a week to the delivery.

PS - Don Gale and I recently pressed in all new bushings in my (car's) rear end. If you have any questions, let me know. The trailing arm bushings were really tight! We needed a special fixture to swap them out, and we had the 30 ton press really cranked up there.