PDA

View Full Version : Bill R., confirm M50 oil pan drop by removing p/s pump?

Jon K
08-01-2005, 10:10 PM
jason and I (thegeak) are going to do it this saturday but we need to make sure that you can in fact, some how, get the oil pan out from an M50 without lifting the engine. Thx.

TheGeak
08-01-2005, 10:57 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jason and I (thegeak) are going to do it this saturday but we need to make sure that you can in fact, some how, get the oil pan out from an M50 without lifting the engine. Thx.

this SHOULD read

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jason(TheGeak) and I (Jon K) are going to do it this saturday but we need to make sure that you can, in fact, some how, get the oil pan out from an M50 without lifting the engine. Thanks!

Jon K
08-01-2005, 11:24 PM
its tired and im late

632 Regal
08-01-2005, 11:37 PM
proper english is the best way to communicate, no sleep is NOT an excuse...and is an excuse to have you banned for the use of profanity...lol **** I dont know what Im talkin about...im more tired.

Should be able to slide it out without lifting the engine yes.

Bill R.
08-02-2005, 12:46 AM
your motor mounts are in fairly good shape and aren't too compressed. Bmw gives you a flat rate time of 27 units for the job. 1 unit equals 5 minutes. so figure 135 minutes or 2 hours 15, this includes removing the fan and fan shroud, removing and hanging the power steering pump,removing the dipstive tube,dropping pan, unbolting pickup, rotating engine as needed to work the pan out the back, cleaning pan and surfaces , and reverse

Anton CH.
08-02-2005, 01:53 AM
I just did this procedure this weekend. I can confirm that engine does not need to be raised. It's a tight fit however.

Tip: before you get the hammer out, make sure you count 25 total bolts that hold the pan to the block and 3 bolts that connect to tranny housing.

zygoteer
08-02-2005, 02:27 PM
split personality it seems ! hmmm :)