PDA

View Full Version : Reman Airflow meter fixes M30 stumble

Derek A.
08-01-2005, 09:20 PM
After redoing the ignition system,o2 sensor, new injectors and replaceing all the vaccuum lines I got a reman AFM from Murrays' auto parts. They are being done by Cardone its was $89 + $30 core. It has a lifetime warranty. I get sweat deals on stuff and the best the local import parts place could do was $200+ on a reman.

Man the throttle response is amazing. I figure at 180K that little door wore our the carbon track on the AFM. On the scan tool it still showed ok - but my guess is the took didn't upddate quick enough to spot the crappy signal the AFM was giving.

I would recomend it to any high mileage m30 car, especially a stick where there is a lot of throttle opening/closing.

ryan roopnarine
08-01-2005, 09:54 PM
damnit, i didn't want to go and replace a whole MAF (as opposed to your afm)or such....i havent really started searching so i hope it is something simple on my car. off to johan's, to get some troubleshootin info.

DanDombrowski
08-01-2005, 11:05 PM
Did I miss something? Whats going on with your car now Ryan?

genphreak
08-02-2005, 12:02 AM
After redoing the ignition system,o2 sensor, new injectors and replaceing all the vaccuum lines I got a reman AFM from Murrays' auto parts. They are being done by Cardone its was $89 + $30 core. It has a lifetime warranty. Have you a URL or contact details for Cardone? Are they able to provide just the PCB track-board and '022' spring? Many of us just need those... Perhaps you can orgniase a few for your fellow board-members? I got a Python-injection (http://www.python-injection.com./nf/html/prodtoc.htm) remanufactured AFM sometime ago and it seems that if the core is not warped or worn out, that is all they change- apart from doing a test perhaps.. ;) GP

ryan roopnarine
08-02-2005, 08:10 AM
Did I miss something? Whats going on with your car now Ryan?

there's a slight bit of "pendulum-ing" with the tachometer when i moderately accelerate (not at WOT or very slowly). its like there are flat spots in the powerband, and the tach won't pass them unless you sit on the accelerator for a second or two. the speed is consistent, though, so its not the autotrans.

DanDombrowski
08-02-2005, 09:01 AM
Sometimes I think my car does that, but its so faint and intermittant its hard to tell if its even there at all. No one in the passenger seat can feel it at all. I definitely had it before I replaced my cracked intake boot, so I'm inclined to believe its vacuum related, but thats about as vague as saying "its in the engine somewhere".

spddmn713
08-02-2005, 11:14 AM
i would definitely be interested in getting one, because i am just about to turn 200K and going through the injectors, O2 sensor, and everything else i can think of to get this motor to run smooth again. Even if it is not the AFM, that is pretty cheap insurance. If you have any contact info or if we can possibly get a group buy going it would be great!

Derek A.
08-02-2005, 12:44 PM
I got mine through Murray's auto parts. Autozone has them as well. At the price point its not worth trying to procure parts and doing it yourself. Plus there is really no means to calibrate it afterwards.

Cardone is a huge re-manufacturer of auto parts - I doubt that we could do a large scale buy.