PDA

View Full Version : for sale, 1 front OEM M parallel

SharkmanBMW
08-01-2005, 08:31 PM
like new, small bend needs to be fixed, but the rest is immaculate.
The damage was done when it was brand new.
I can have it fixed professionally before shipping if desired
photo available... make an offer, shipping from montreal

SharkmanBMW
06-03-2006, 06:01 PM
ukm5 is a dik

POSTED FOR GAYLE!!!

This will hold air won't it?

Gayle
06-03-2006, 06:33 PM
Chris--what size is this? Is it a 17 or an 18?

To the rest of you--I am thinking about getting this for a spare. I had a flat coming back from bimmerfest and my car looked so sad with 3 18 inch m pars and a basketweave. I was due for new tires and the car stayed looking ugly for a week. I wouldn't drive her til the new tires came in. I thought I have to get my baby an m par as a spare.

Would this one hold air without getting the bend fixed? If I have to get it fixed I would probably just look for a replica.

pundit
06-03-2006, 06:36 PM
I've got a tire for sale.
It's only flat on the bottom! :p

Sorry. I couldn't help myself... Fukem5 made me do it! :D

SharkmanBMW
06-03-2006, 06:54 PM
18"
I am pretty sure you won't have a problem with this wheel as is, surely better than a heavy, soft, replica:p

If you ever get sidewalk rash on 1 and want to switch out your spare, your replica won't help you. You can always get this fixed and it's a match for sure.

shanek
06-03-2006, 08:22 PM
I had a similar bend in one of my rims. It held air while it was in my garage for the winter but about a week after I put it back on it went flat. The tire shop fixed it but it only lasted about a week again so I had to get the rim fixed. It wasn't that expensive to get the rim fixed though, and they did an amazing job. I had the bend and a small chunk missing and they fixed both for around $150. I could barely find the spots they fixed. The guy at the shop said quality rims are usually easier to fix and turn out a lot better.

SharkmanBMW
06-03-2006, 08:33 PM
don't forget 18" rubber is VERY tight compared to smaller wheels, I doubt it will leak.