PDA

View Full Version : help with code 1221

xphilter
08-01-2005, 07:30 PM
hi everyone,
so my cars been running great the past couple months (since i bought it) but tonight about a mile from my house the CEL came on and i lost most of the power. i coasted for a while and had to push it up my hill but then i did the stomp test and got code 1221. I've looked through the forums and from what i can tell is that its probably not the o2 sensor but maybe a vacuum hose leak. I am pretty new to major repairs (just bought new timing belt to replace this week heh) and i have no idea where to look for a leak. so if anyone knows please help.
90 525 (m20). thanks so much
-amir
update: i let it sit for a while and it ran pretty good, enough to get it to my grandfathers shop...but then i tried it again and its ruff again but no CEL.

rps1072
08-01-2005, 08:50 PM
When I run out of gas I get that code. Check the fuel supply.

xphilter
08-01-2005, 09:38 PM
so this is comedy gold. so your post made me think..hmm.....i let my mom borrow my car while her car was in the shop. my fuel gauge doesn't work so i told her "when the odometer says 200 miles fill up the tank and reset it"....i called her after reading your post and asked her about it she says "i got in the car, reset the trip and gave it back to you with 180 miles"....long story short i had 150 miles on there when i gave it to her. so i ran out of gas on my way home while listening to "fuel" by metallica....hmmmm.......

Kalevera
08-01-2005, 09:44 PM
so this is comedy gold. so your post made me think..hmm.....i let my mom borrow my car while her car was in the shop. my fuel gauge doesn't work so i told her "when the odometer says 200 miles fill up the tank and reset it"....i called her after reading your post and asked her about it she says "i got in the car, reset the trip and gave it back to you with 180 miles"....long story short i had 150 miles on there when i gave it to her. so i ran out of gas on my way home while listening to "fuel" by metallica....hmmmm.......
Hahaha!

:D

best, whit

632 Regal
08-01-2005, 11:40 PM
reboot the thing and run on til you get a real code.