PDA

View Full Version : Torque multiplier?

Jeff N.
08-01-2005, 05:05 PM
Need one that can get me to 325lbs or so. Need to be able to torque down the crank nut on my M30.

Seems like an expensive item...anyone have suggestions on where I can get one for a reasonable amount of $$?

Suppose I could check to see if this is a rentable item.

thx

Jeff

Hector
08-01-2005, 05:25 PM
to spend several hundred dollars on a torque wrench for a one-time-use, I decided to make one myself from a 6 ft cheater pipe and a hanging scale I purchased from the hardware store. I think I took a picture of this but need to find it. Was able to get 325 ft lb from this homemade setup.

Need one that can get me to 325lbs or so. Need to be able to torque down the crank nut on my M30.

Seems like an expensive item...anyone have suggestions on where I can get one for a reasonable amount of $$?

Suppose I could check to see if this is a rentable item.

thx

Jeff

Jeff N.
08-01-2005, 06:02 PM
Thx Hector - how did you lock the flywheel?

Hector
08-01-2005, 06:36 PM
I purchased like this one

http://www.geocities.com/frothlikn/classic_tan2.html

If you need it bro, I'd be happy to loan it to ya.

Hector
08-01-2005, 07:02 PM
When you pull on the scale make sure that you make a right angle between the cheater bar and the imaginary line going through the length of the scale/your arm.

to spend several hundred dollars on a torque wrench for a one-time-use, I decided to make one myself from a 6 ft cheater pipe and a hanging scale I purchased from the hardware store. I think I took a picture of this but need to find it. Was able to get 325 ft lb from this homemade setup.

Hector
08-01-2005, 07:06 PM
capacity of 55 lbs. So can torque up to 55 lb x 6 ft = 330 ft lb.

When you pull on the scale make sure that you make a right angle between the cheater bar and the imaginary line going through the length of the scale/your arm.

Jeff N.
08-01-2005, 07:33 PM
That thing ship-able? I would be most indepted to a possible loan...

I'm in Washington State...where are you?

Jeff

I purchased like this one

http://www.geocities.com/frothlikn/classic_tan2.html

If you need it bro, I'd be happy to loan it to ya.