PDA

View Full Version : M60 Injectors

araine901
08-01-2005, 04:55 PM
Anyone changed out thier M60 injectors for higher perfromance ones? I am thinking about getting new ones and wonderd if thier were options. I have the the EAT chip and wonderd if it would do even better with fancy pants injectors.

Thanks,

Aaron

Kalevera
08-01-2005, 06:02 PM
Aaron...I'm not sure that changing the injectors, without some kind of blower, would do any good at all. Frankly, I think it'd only have the potential to a) decrease fuel economy, b) mess up any number of operating factors that would only make the car less enjoyable to drive.

best, whit

araine901
08-01-2005, 06:11 PM
Whit,

Thanks. I was under the impression that if the injecotors were able to flow more (within the parameters of the software) the ECM would compensate and utilize the new capibility.

A local shop told me I have a "sleepy injector" so I am considering changing them.

The thread on the 3 series forum about injector flow may have answerd some of the questions.

MBXB
08-01-2005, 06:19 PM
Got an EAT chip yet? If not, start there.

araine901
08-01-2005, 06:23 PM
got the EAT chip (last line of my orginial post) ;)

I just figured if I am going to put new injectors in I might as well maximize the EAT chip with better injectors.

632 Regal
08-01-2005, 08:05 PM
dont upgrade the injectors to anything larger, the spray pattern can get a bit lazy and mess the deal up like Whit said. If you want an economical set of brand new injectors go to http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/Injector_SetsBMW.asp
either the bosch design II or III will work.
Your computers will compensate for anything you put in there so a higher flow injectors pulse will simply be shorter...

Jon K
08-01-2005, 08:13 PM
dont upgrade the injectors to anything larger, the spray pattern can get a bit lazy and mess the deal up like Whit said. If you want an economical set of brand new injectors go to http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/Injector_SetsBMW.asp
either the bosch design II or III will work.
Your computers will compensate for anything you put in there so a higher flow injectors pulse will simply be shorter...

with exceptions, i had trouble running my car with 30# injectors.

AREITO
08-01-2005, 10:00 PM
Anyone changed out thier M60 injectors for higher perfromance ones? I am thinking about getting new ones and wonderd if thier were options. I have the the EAT chip and wonderd if it would do even better with fancy pants injectors.

Thanks,

Aaron
Hi , This is Francisco from BRONX NY (USA). i has a 525i 1989 with a m20 engine(original) and i change the injectors of a 535i, which is a bigger engine. m20 is 2.5 and the m30 is a 35., i guess bigger injector and it work fine(very good more hps) I hope this can help you with something.. bye

632 Regal
08-01-2005, 11:39 PM
ok

araine901
08-02-2005, 12:21 AM
Jeff: Thanks for the info. Did you use the II (no core) or the III injectors on your car?

Francisco: thanks for the input. I used to live off of the 168th stop (I think that was it, its been a long time) on the 4 train. There was a pizza place half way down the block I must have eaten a ton of pizza there. What I would do for a slice of that NY pizza now. MMMMMM

AREITO
08-02-2005, 06:14 PM
Jeff: Thanks for the info. Did you use the II (no core) or the III injectors on your car?

Francisco: thanks for the input. I used to live off of the 168th stop (I think that was it, its been a long time) on the 4 train. There was a pizza place half way down the block I must have eaten a ton of pizza there. What I would do for a slice of that NY pizza now. MMMMMM
You welcome. and about the Pizzaria, its still there( i dont remember the name now) Why don't you come back to the Bronx one day?
Also , where do you live now? :)

Robin-535im
08-02-2005, 06:32 PM
with exceptions, i had trouble running my car with 30# injectors.
Didn't you say it ran okay at mid throttle but not at WOT? If that's the case, the ECU was probably using the old WOT map. Driving around alot on mid-throttle will re-learn the WOT map, but the RPM/AFM data points on the look-up table are uncorrelated from each other, so you have to hit lots of points to get a good map built up.

You should get a good book on how the ECU operates. Paul S. sent me a PDF one a while back but I can't seem to find it now...