PDA

View Full Version : Time (Annual) Inspection reset

ewidjaja
07-28-2005, 10:20 AM
I just had my Time Inspection Indicator on - INSPECTION lamps and the
CLOCK symbol. From the manual, it means 3 things (Brake fluid, Cooling
System and Power Steering) needs to be flushed and changed with new
fluids and this will happen every 2 years.

FYI, I just did Oil Service a month ago, so there are still 5 green lights.

If I read at the BMWE34.NET re. Inspection / Oil Service Reset, it only covers General Inspection (together with 5 Green LEDs turning to Yellow and Red). It doesn't cover Time or Annual Inspection.

My question is, how to perform a Time Inspection reset ? On the website, resetting Oil Service Read need to ground PIN 7 for 3 secs and resetting Inspection need 12 secs, but it doesn't cover how to reset the Time Inspection.

Moreover, If I do a Time Inspection Reset, can I not disturb the general maintenance periods (the one with the 5 green LED bars) ?

Any info appreciated. THanks.

Eri.
530i A E34 V8 '96 w/ 40K miles

ewidjaja
07-31-2005, 09:57 PM
Hi...... Can anybody out there help me ?

Just trying to have the Time / Annual Inspection Reset (Inspection + Clock Lights) without disturbing the Periodic / 5 Green/Yellow/Red LED bars on 530i / E34 / M60 '96 (latest V8 edition of E34).

Thanks all..

Eri.

Kalevera
07-31-2005, 10:00 PM
Doing an inspection reset (11 seconds or whatever it is) will take care of the time issue.

If I have to do it by grounding out the pin, I leave it on long enough to reset everything in one swoop.

But, keep track of mileage and service. I tend to ignore the lights myself.

best, whit

ewidjaja
08-01-2005, 12:36 AM
Thanks Whit...

Anyway, is there any way to make sure we don't reset of the periodic 5 GREEN LEDs ?

Eri.

shogun
08-01-2005, 01:13 AM
Do yourselves a favour and buy a PEAKE reset tool. This does not only resets, it also will find fault codes.
Easy to handle and can be carried in the gloce box.
http://www.peakeresearch.com/

ewidjaja
08-02-2005, 03:37 AM
I have it!! The basic R5, with 2LEDs (Red and Yellow) and one switch. But it only says the procedure to do Oil Service (7 flashes) and Inspection Reset (23 flashes), and have nothing to say about the Annual / TIme / Clock + Inspection Reset.

And I really want the periodic 5 Green bar LEDs not affected by resetting the Clock + Inspection lamps.

Javier
08-02-2005, 07:40 AM
reset with the clock lighted, it will only reset the inspection and clock signs leaving the green led's as they were.

Did it once with the tool and worked. One month later I did the oil service and reset again.

Javier

ewidjaja
08-03-2005, 10:14 PM
OK Sir.....

this enlightens me ;)

since I was so confused about this, tried to send email to Peake Research Customer Service, also send the similar emails to 3 forums / mailing lists (including this one), and even that, nobody can give me satisfactory explanation, nor even understand what I mean.

I will try it. Thanks for the simple but correct explanation that I need.

Eri.

Javier
08-04-2005, 07:00 AM
intend to reset my next by anual inspection sign by jumping 12 sec the connector pins, as I'm convinced it is what the Peake tool does.

Javier

uscharalph
08-04-2005, 10:17 AM
This might not do all the Peake Tool does, but it might be worth a look: eBay Item (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7991318291&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BID)

ewidjaja
10-03-2005, 01:42 AM
Javier,

I tried to reset my INSPECTION + CLOCK SYMBOL lights by doing inspection reset, and it works. And now, 500 km after, I got my 5 green leds turns into 4 leds. So what you advised is true.

Thanks.