PDA

View Full Version : Smooth Pull/Hard Acceleration

1995 525i
07-27-2005, 07:56 AM
I know this topic has been beat to death, but I haven't really found a solution. I want my car to pull smoothly without hesitation (which is slight but noticable). WHat can I do to strengthen the pull upon acceleration? I've changed the plugs, had the injectors cleaned, air intake cleaned, fuel filter/oil filter ect. The car has always done this and it is starting to annoy me. Any tips would be appreciated.

Michael

ron525
07-27-2005, 11:49 AM
Awhile back I had my car in for an inspection 2 at the dealer. I think they reset the computers. When I got it back, there was a noticeable increase in acceleration and the upshift points in the auto trans came higher in the revs. These cars (mine='94 525) have adaptive transmission controls. I usually step on the gas lightly. Since I've had it back, the computers adapted to my driving style again. If you don't reset, try driving more aggressively for the transmission to adapt to that style.

1995 525i
07-27-2005, 12:26 PM
Awhile back I had my car in for an inspection 2 at the dealer. I think they reset the computers. When I got it back, there was a noticeable increase in acceleration and the upshift points in the auto trans came higher in the revs. These cars (mine='94 525) have adaptive transmission controls. I usually step on the gas lightly. Since I've had it back, the computers adapted to my driving style again. If you don't reset, try driving more aggressively for the transmission to adapt to that style.
Ok..I'll give it a try. Thanks

Incantation
07-27-2005, 05:33 PM
buy a motorcycle

cars are slow