PDA

View Full Version : Bumper trim replacement

KB535i
02-25-2004, 12:14 PM
Does anyone know how to take off the black bumper trim strips? I just picked up the european ones(without side markers) and am having trouble removing the old ones.

Patrick
02-25-2004, 12:19 PM
There is a little slack horizontally to get them in or out. Don't be shy about using some force but be careful not to chew up the adjoining bumper trim if you use a screwdriver for a little leverage.
HTH,
Patrick

KB535i
02-25-2004, 12:23 PM
Thank you, I'll try that

Javier
02-25-2004, 12:47 PM
but in the front portion, better at the end, in the point that meets with the license plate framing. Once pulled out at the front, then you should pull the side portion towards the front of the car and out.

The back bumper is the equivalent procedure, but first remove the long part in the back, then go to the corner portions.

KB535i
02-25-2004, 01:03 PM
but in the front portion, better at the end, in the point that meets with the license plate framing. Once pulled out at the front, then you should pull the side portion towards the front of the car and out.

The back bumper is the equivalent procedure, but first remove the long part in the back, then go to the corner portions.

...Just finished the job and she looks Great, Thanks you guys!