PDA

View Full Version : keylessgo - my car now starts with no key

ukm5
07-26-2005, 05:39 PM
for all you modders out there ive made a new addition to my car, a search for prev posts will show you some prev ones. I actually did this some time ago just forgot to mention it

I have made a device to start the car with a card, like the mercedes benz keylessgo system, i have a credit card sized transmitter that i pass near to my start button and the system goes into ignition position 2, i press the start button and it starts, it detects engine running and a second press of the start button stop the car and turns off ignition. The system uses passive rfid, so uses no power

ive removed the steering lock, as you cant nick it with this system, as there are no ignition wires assessable where you would expect them

all components are hidden, and the car doesnt need the ignition key at all, infact i cant remember where it is at the moment, as the car locks with the remote control.

http://www.netmgr.co.uk/imgallery/photos/gauge/gauges.jpg

Incantation
07-26-2005, 07:14 PM
pics?

ukm5
07-26-2005, 07:35 PM
pics of what the wiring! as i say its all hidden all u see is the start button as pictured

uscharalph
07-26-2005, 08:07 PM
That's something I surely wouldn't have thought of. The start button looks like its where the fan dial was. How do you control the fan?

beamerman5
07-26-2005, 08:08 PM
whats the keypad for?

ukm5
07-26-2005, 09:25 PM
i relocated the fan switch

ukm5
07-26-2005, 09:26 PM
mp3 computer in the boot

Incantation
07-26-2005, 09:51 PM
doh i didn't see that photo.. the starter button is pretty snazzy

one majorly crappy thing about locking with remote is that you can't deadbolt the locks so that if someone smashes your window.. all they will have to do to get in the trunk is pull up the door unlock pin on your doorsill.. with the deadbolt it won't come up.

i have several grand worth of audio gear in my trunk and despite using keyless to unlock when i walk to the car.. i ALWAYS lock/deadbolt with the key. if you have figured out how to deadbolt with a remote i'm all ears..

ukm5
07-27-2005, 06:42 AM
my car deadlocks with my remote, its not original remote but after market, i forget how i did it ill have to look it up, it also closes all windows and sunroof automatically

dacoyote
07-27-2005, 06:46 AM
I have switch start setup in my car.

I am intrested in knowing how your setup detects engine running? I am still stuck in hold the starter switch till it fires up.

Also.. do you still have a ASC (1) position, or does it turn right to run(2)

Thanks

Charles

ukm5
07-27-2005, 06:49 AM
it turns direct to run position 2, i never have cause to use position 1 - it detects engine running via the alternator charge indicator, ie when the engine fires up the alternator charge wire sinks ground i think id have to check circuit and that signal is used to tell my circuit to stop trying to start car

dacoyote
07-27-2005, 07:03 AM
it turns direct to run position 2, i never have cause to use position 1 - it detects engine running via the alternator charge indicator, ie when the engine fires up the alternator charge wire sinks ground i think id have to check circuit and that signal is used to tell my circuit to stop trying to start car

Thats cool man. I have to have position 1... I may have to change my setup one of these days however to do a complete start off a single push.

-Charles

1995 525i
07-27-2005, 07:47 AM
doh i didn't see that photo.. the starter button is pretty snazzy

one majorly crappy thing about locking with remote is that you can't deadbolt the locks so that if someone smashes your window.. all they will have to do to get in the trunk is pull up the door unlock pin on your doorsill.. with the deadbolt it won't come up.

i have several grand worth of audio gear in my trunk and despite using keyless to unlock when i walk to the car.. i ALWAYS lock/deadbolt with the key. if you have figured out how to deadbolt with a remote i'm all ears..

After I fixed the wires in my trunk that were cut by the trunk hinge, my trunk (boot) now deadbolts with the remote. TO make sure I put my ear near the trunk lock when I locked the doors using the remote. It was a feature I didn't know I had until I fixed those pesky wires.

Michael

ukm5
07-27-2005, 08:25 AM
i didnt think a boot had a deadbolt after all u cant break in and smash the glass and pop the button - im aware u can deadbolt the car from the boot, but the boot itself doesnt have one