PDA

View Full Version : Kleen Wheels?

uscharalph
07-26-2005, 04:47 PM
Anyone ever try these to keep your wheels cleaner from brake dust? They're call Kleen Wheels.

Kalevera
07-26-2005, 04:50 PM
Ralph...

Those things are terrible for disk brakes, which indicentally are what they're supposed to be used in conjuction with.

Wheels do a lot to cool the rotors and other components; covering them up only prevents air flow, causes fading, boiling brake fluid, and warped rotors.

If brake dust is a problem, get low dust pads.

best, whit

uscharalph
07-26-2005, 04:58 PM
Thanks Whit. I was sure if I hadn't heard praises about these on this forum, I was probably barking up the wrong tree. At least I know now.

gale
07-26-2005, 05:13 PM
I'm not going to endorse them but I did have them on my stock bottlecaps for nearly 5 years and never had any brake problems because of them. My daily commute doesn't put much demand on the brakes, & I never got them close to fading. Alot of mountain driving or track use would likely be a problem. They did do their job & kept the fronts clean with stock Jurid pads.

I'm now running Raybestos QS pads which are much cleaner & went to 16" wheels so not using Kleenwheels anymore.

Jon K
07-26-2005, 05:23 PM
I work at Jaguar and we have customers with XKR and XJRs with these stupid things... I don't know if they will warp rotors in a actual situation, but theoretically it cannot be good.