PDA

View Full Version : Going to the core

2fast
07-24-2005, 09:43 PM
I phoned in sick today :p so I started to clean the car ripped out the car mats and there was light oil on the carpet lefthand side.
**** tran's oil .when I started to mop it up it turn the paper towel green so it's coolant. my windows fog up and I get a dumping on the driveway about 100ml a month.......But it look's like I will have to go in, I don't want to replace it or rip out the whole dash , I just want to do a patch up job.
Any tip's

Kalevera
07-24-2005, 09:57 PM
You could bypass it and not plan on using the heater until the core's replaced. It's quite dangerous to have it connected and leaking, as there's the potential for scalding hot coolant to start blowing out of it while under way.

best, whit

uscharalph
07-24-2005, 10:37 PM
I just bypassed my heater core, till I can get to the repair. As far as I know there's no way of finding out exactly what's leaking (Core, pipe, o-ring) without taking a lot of the dash etc. apart.

632 Regal
07-25-2005, 01:08 AM
gotta do the deed, its not that bad when your done...at least thats what they say. If you actually puddling up then your gonna have to do it. It dont matter whats the culprit at this time tho.

2fast
07-25-2005, 01:53 AM
I was thinking of going in though the middle part of the dash.
It's winter here so I need my heater.
I'll make sure I read all the old post's on this before I even start.
Thank's