PDA

View Full Version : HELP please - flat battery

simon-york
07-24-2005, 07:01 AM
Hi guys
My car has not been running for a few weeks and when I went to start it today everything was dead. Managed to open the driver's door manually (RHD) and foolishly turned the ignition key too far - so the immobiliser alarm activated through the OBC has gone off - not that it is making much noise, its internal battery is nearly dead. I am currently recharging the battery which is under the back seat.

I imagine when I reconnect it the OBC will have cleared and I am hoping the alarm does not come back into raucous life! Any other advice, eg re-synchronising the door locks?

Many thanks in advance for any advice

Simon, York England

postjay
07-24-2005, 07:11 AM
Hi guys
My car has not been running for a few weeks and when I went to start it today everything was dead. Managed to open the driver's door manually (RHD) and foolishly turned the ignition key too far - so the immobiliser alarm activated through the OBC has gone off - not that it is making much noise, its internal battery is nearly dead. I am currently recharging the battery which is under the back seat.

I imagine when I reconnect it the OBC will have cleared and I am hoping the alarm does not come back into raucous life! Any other advice, eg re-synchronising the door locks?

Many thanks in advance for any advice

Simon, York England
hi simon same thing happens to me when i leave the car for a few weeks,i traced it to a broken switch causing the glovebox light to stay on,as for everything else the alarm will probably go off as soon as you connect the battery back up,no problems with door locks ,OBC will have been wiped clean,also it might come back to life in german if it does just disconnect the battery for 5 mins,hope this helps.

Gene in NC
07-24-2005, 11:33 AM
Common prob. Suspect we all need to install one of those blade type master switches on the ground side to effectively disconnect the batt if the car will be left more than a week.

shogun
07-24-2005, 11:44 AM
If your car is parked outside for a long time, buy a solar battery charger which can be plugged into the cigarette lighter.
Any size available
http://search.ebay.com/car-solar-battery-charger_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

Qsilver7
07-24-2005, 01:32 PM
...OBC will have been wiped clean,also it might come back to life in german if it does just disconnect the battery for 5 mins,hope this helps.

If the OBC goes into German...wouldn't it be easier just to use the procedure from the owners manual to pick the language you want? :)
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/433000-433999/433594_213_full.jpg