PDA

View Full Version : Heated Spray Nozzle

dternst
07-23-2005, 06:48 PM
I went to the local BMW dealership on Friday to pickup a few replacement parts: hood shocks and spray nozzeles for my 95 530i. I disassembled the insulation from the hood and realized I may have picked up the wrong spray nozzle. The nozzle that was currenty installed in the car had one hose connection while the new part had two. I contacted my parts guy and he confirmed that the two hose connection spray nozzle was the correct part.

Can anyone educate me to how I should install the two-connector spray nozzle? If I reverse the disassembly, what do I do with the extra connection?

New Spray Nozzle:
http://members.roadfly.com/dternst/95_530i/0005.bmp

Old Spray Nozzle:
http://members.roadfly.com/dternst/95_530i/0005_2.bmp

Thanks in advance,

David

bimmerd00d
07-23-2005, 07:19 PM
I did the same thing. They said the new design has two, they dont know why. Plug the hole with a screw and it works fine. Some cars have this "intensive cleaning system" or something. Apparently it's for that.

Kalevera
07-23-2005, 07:40 PM
David.

You don't even have to plug the other nozzle. I was perplexed with it myself, even called up Patrick @ BMA to ask him if they'd, possibly, sent the wrong part. As you've discovered, it's a part succession.

Here's what to do:

Get a straw (drinking straw) and a cup of water. Blow some water into each inlet; one will spray out of the jets, the other won't (don't ask me why). That'll tell you which inlet needs to get connected.

best, whit

mattyb
07-23-2005, 08:52 PM
is it that the other tube goes to the headlight washer and has a non return type valve in it?

Paul in NZ
07-24-2005, 03:33 AM
the other one goes to the intensive clean tank

dternst
07-24-2005, 07:48 AM
I saw that in the ETK but I thought they were showing multiple water reservoirs for different models. It's that old forest and trees syndrome.

Since I don't have the extra reservoir, I'll use Whit's suggestion. Thanks for the clarification Paul.