PDA

View Full Version : For pundit and aussies in general

BigKriss
07-21-2005, 10:14 PM
My auto trans mounts where stuffed. I was hearing a clunking sound underneath the car. They had broken apart. I went to replace them part number 24711131663 and there too tall by about 2 cm. i've installed the new mounts and went to install the transmission crossmember and it won't bolt up bolt flush. The part number without the little bit at the top is 23712225220. I carefully check my old mounts and this was the part number also. This is what I pulled off my car. I called a up a few suppliers in sydeny for prices, BMW sylvania, Sydney Wide European Autos, and ASV. BMW said it would come from germany 2 to 3 weeks, aus$110 for both. All places wanted to sell me the mounts I already had, then they kept on questioning me "as if I don't know my ****", like where did i get the part number from?, what car do you have?. etc. only bmw could get them. realoem.com is no help, its wrong. maybe it's just the executives or something? they're us$40 from bma for a pair. does anyone have a pair they want to sell me?

http://img309.imageshack.us/img309/7501/pict0030small9cj.jpg
evil

pundit
07-21-2005, 11:17 PM
My auto trans mounts where stuffed. I was hearing a clunking sound underneath the car. They had broken apart. I went to replace them part number 24711131663 and there too tall by about 2 cm. i've installed the new mounts and went to install the transmission crossmember and it won't bolt up bolt flush. The part number without the little bit at the top is 23712225220. I carefully check my old mounts and this was the part number also. This is what I pulled off my car. I called a up a few suppliers in sydeny for prices, BMW sylvania, Sydney Wide European Autos, and ASV. BMW said it would come from germany 2 to 3 weeks, aus$110 for both. All places wanted to sell me the mounts I already had, then they kept on questioning me "as if I don't know my ****", like where did i get the part number from?, what car do you have?. etc. only bmw could get them. realoem.com is no help, its wrong. maybe it's just the executives or something? they're us$40 from bma for a pair. does anyone have a pair they want to sell me?

http://img309.imageshack.us/img309/7501/pict0030small9cj.jpg
evil

I'm afraid I don't have a spare set. The only ones I've got are holding my trans up! I have found that some part numbers seem to have come from a place that, no one, not even BMW knows. I had this problem when purchasing a replacement drivers door stay. BMW had no listing for the part number stamped on my original stay. The said even Germany hasn't heard of it? The BMW replacement part was a different number, and that was different again from realoem, while it looked slightly different, it still fitted. So the realoem, my original, and the BMW part number for a door stay for my 535i were all different! Go figure?

BTW - Re: your mounts: First of all they are likely to be taller as they haven't been compressed for 15 years. Though 2cms is a lot. Double check just to make sure something other than the mounts themselves hasn't got in the way and is stopping you from installing the crossmember. Are you using a jack or similar to lift up the trans? Also are you certain the mounts aren't actually to suit a GM auto, or later ZF and not your ZF4HP22? Maybe the ones you took out were wrong and had been modified. You find all kind of weird **** being done to 10+ year old cars by the previous owners. Come to think of it we will be all previous owners one day too. I wonder if the new owners will praise or curse our handywork? ;)

GJPinAU
07-21-2005, 11:26 PM
BeeEms just replaced mine a couple of weeks ago. Cost me $250

BigKriss
07-21-2005, 11:44 PM
BeeEms just replaced mine a couple of weeks ago. Cost me $250

$250, how much where the mounts alone?

uscharalph
07-21-2005, 11:54 PM
"Come to think of it we will be all previous owners one day too. I wonder if the new owners will praise or curse our handywork?"

Words to live by!

BigKriss
07-22-2005, 12:00 AM
BTW - Re: your mounts: First of all they are likely to be taller as they haven't been compressed for 15 years. Though 2cms is a lot. Double check just to make sure something other than the mounts themselves hasn't got in the way and is stopping you from installing the crossmember. Are you using a jack or similar to lift up the trans? Also are you certain the mounts aren't actually to suit a GM auto, or later ZF and not your ZF4HP22? Maybe the ones you took out were wrong and had been modified. You find all kind of weird **** being done to 10+ year old cars by the previous owners. Come to think of it we will be all previous owners one day too. I wonder if the new owners will praise or curse our handywork? ;)

I checked the part number, what I pulled out is what I need, here they are side to side the top on the old mount is not there, but with new new mount on the right, the top bit protudes out too much. now that you talk about second owners, when I was ringing up they had asked me about that, but it was a company car. The auto trans is being held up by the floor jack, the car is on ramps.

http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/3222/pict0031small5mw.jpg

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/9905/pict0034small1ju.jpg
http://img305.imageshack.us/img305/4130/pict0036small4hp.jpg

mattyb
07-22-2005, 04:15 AM
mate this sounds fkd. i bought mine from worthingtons on thwe central coast. they were 38 bux each and no problem really. ill give em a call 2morrow and see what they say. the new ones going in r hard as they are three times the size. i had to jack the box up to get the space i needed to get them in. was ever thios much trouble.

mattyb
07-22-2005, 04:17 AM
do they resemble the ones that came out? top and bottom i mean

BigKriss
07-22-2005, 05:26 AM
do they resemble the ones that came out? top and bottom i mean

yeah, I couldn't find the top of the old mount.

thanks for checking for me. aus$38 each is pretty good mate.

mattyb
07-22-2005, 11:31 PM
maybe these are the right ones.i know it sounds so simple im sure uve done it, but when i put mine in i secured the tops first onto the box then offered up the bracket and fitted this last, is this how u tried it?