PDA

View Full Version : Help with Audio Noise

mainnor
07-21-2005, 07:14 PM
Hi all. New to this forum and looking for help on an issue that has been happening for the last 2 months or so.

Every now and then (and it has become more repeatedly lately) the audio system in my car starts to make static noises to the point where I have to turn off the radio. This happens with AM, FM, or the CD.

I have a 1991 535i E34 beemer with 173,000 miles. Best car I have ever owned.

Any help would be appreciated. Wait to hear from someone that has had this problem in the past.

Thanks,

Mainnor

uscharalph
07-21-2005, 08:56 PM
Is it the factory head unit? Is it when you touch the volume knob? This is very common and can be easily fixed.

mainnor
07-27-2005, 07:41 PM
Is it the factory head unit? Is it when you touch the volume knob? This is very common and can be easily fixed.

It's the factory head unit. However, the noise occurs by itself without touching the knob. After the noise starts, it continues to make a sound and does not stop unless I turn off the radio.

brobins@earthlink.net
08-19-2005, 04:14 PM
I just bought a 93 525iT. The entire driver side speaker system (front to back) emits static most of the time and very faint audio when the volume is turned up to max.

I've been told it is probably the stock CM5901 unit amplifier? Anyone else have this experience?

Help much appreciated.

Thanks.