PDA

View Full Version : FYI: M5T Scam on Craigslist

Kalevera
07-21-2005, 05:27 PM
Hi guys....

Thought I'd repost this from Underground. If you've seen this,

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/car/85876855.html

Yes, that is an M5T for $3000 and yes, it is a scam.

Just though everyone'd like to know ;)

best, whit

liquidtiger720
07-21-2005, 05:37 PM
looks like whats his names pictures.

BigKriss
07-21-2005, 09:09 PM
dudes from here should email him and say that they are an "interested" buyer and see what type of **** he starts spinning, just to have some fun of course.

TC535i
07-21-2005, 09:15 PM
Already emailed him, as I saw it in the San Diego Craigslist about a month ago.

"Hi there,
Thank you for contacting me regarding your willingness to purchase my item.
First of all i want to tell you that the price includes all the shipping costs and

insurance so you will not have to pay any extra charges.The item has a Clear Title wich

will come along with it.
The car is in a perfect condition.It's a great car, my girlfriend is devastated that we

have to sell it but we have to pay too much money for register it here,so we decide to

sell it.
The car it is still registered in States. The car has 80000 miles, and yes, i am the

original owner.
Tell me if there is anything else you would like to know about the car.
It will be shipped from Sweden, and i will cover the shipping expanses.

The payment will be done via secure pay which means that the third party will keep the

money until you receive and inspect the car.
If you agree with these terms,please email me your full name and adress and i will be

more than glad to start and to complete the transaction with you.

Best Regards,
Stuart"

BigKriss
07-21-2005, 09:22 PM
cool. lol

Kalevera
07-21-2005, 09:23 PM
Hahaha. Wonderful. You should've said, "That's GREAT!!! I'll take it - How do I pay you?!?" just so we could see what phoney, scam-reeking "escrow" site this guy would produce!

best, whit

pundit
07-21-2005, 09:31 PM
Already emailed him, as I saw it in the San Diego Craigslist about a month ago.

"Hi there,
Thank you for contacting me regarding your willingness to purchase my item.
First of all i want to tell you that the price includes all the shipping costs and

insurance so you will not have to pay any extra charges.The item has a Clear Title wich

will come along with it.
The car is in a perfect condition.It's a great car, my girlfriend is devastated that we

have to sell it but we have to pay too much money for register it here,so we decide to

sell it.
The car it is still registered in States. The car has 80000 miles, and yes, i am the

original owner.
Tell me if there is anything else you would like to know about the car.
It will be shipped from Sweden, and i will cover the shipping expanses.

The payment will be done via secure pay which means that the third party will keep the

money until you receive and inspect the car.
If you agree with these terms,please email me your full name and adress and i will be

more than glad to start and to complete the transaction with you.

Best Regards,
Stuart"

Yeah Stuart Bundameupthearse from Nigeria!
His 'third party' is his cousin, Winston Stickitinmegood also from Nigeria.
BTW - Did he also offer to deposit $3,500,000,000.00 into your bank account and let you keep 20% as a commission?

Rigmaster
07-21-2005, 10:03 PM
funny, I got the EXACT same reply- word for word, when I replied to the guy's Craigslist FS post- I think it was Atlanta that time- on June 25....

I think I replied "Consider the car SOLD, where do I send the cash?"----knowing it was a scam (and if it wasn't- it was worth the $$$$$).....

Anyone recognize whose car this really is????

Bret.

bmwoohoo
07-23-2005, 01:49 PM
heh ... that is the same guy that I came across a couple of weeks ago. For an NSX and a Z4 and a Honda S2000. I emailed the jerkwater and the ISP ended up being from the same location. Slightly different stories to different emails. Too bad I couldnt get the cops to be interested.

You will note on the BBB site that there is a lot of this crap going around.

The cars are stolen. They get a valid id number plate for the car and when the dust settles when you register the car a cop does get involved. You lose your money and the car.

They even use an escrow service so you feel secure. By the time the double registration gets to the surface these guys are long gone.

Rigmaster
07-23-2005, 07:10 PM
You will note on the BBB site that there is a lot of this crap going around.

The cars are stolen. They get a valid id number plate for the car and when the dust settles when you register the car a cop does get involved. You lose your money and the car.
They even use an escrow service so you feel secure. By the time the double registration gets to the surface these guys are long gone.

Somehow I doubt any of these guys actually possess any of these cars- I'll bet they just copied the pics + data from the real owner's site, or FS posting.

Bret.

Kalevera
07-23-2005, 08:28 PM
Somehow I doubt any of these guys actually possess any of these cars- I'll bet they just copied the pics + data from the real owner's site, or FS posting.

Bret.
Yeah, I have to agree with Bret on this one. Unless the plates are stolen or a dealer's, there's no way to make a car look "registered" without actually doing it, which involves having a signed title or a dealer's license. No dealer would be stupid enough to try this, so I'm hedging with Bret here; people download the pics, then post phoney ads and get people to "pay" through fake escrow sites.

best, whit

liquidtiger720
07-23-2005, 09:59 PM
I told you I knew who the owner was!!

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4455811&postcount=5

bmwoohoo
07-24-2005, 04:32 PM
If you go the better business bureau site it explains it with a warning ... the escrow service was real. Thats where I checked out the escrow service in the first place.

They make registration plates.. not licence plates.. great googlee wooglee