PDA

View Full Version : tight window squeak

rockyfeller
07-21-2005, 05:05 PM
Passenger side window is insiduously starting to making a slight squeak sound and slow down on speed when raising it. The power window motor is obviously straining and it'll be just a matter of time before it jams. Any ideas? Don't tell me I'm gonna have to open up the whole door! If I do does anyone know how? The doors on the E34 are vaultlike and look impregnable.

Kalevera
07-21-2005, 05:08 PM
Rocky...First, get some silicone lubricant and run it in the channels while operating the lift. See if that improves it. Sometimes the channels fall apart and gum up due to non-lubrication. If that's the case, the door panel has to come off, which actually isn't much work. Check Bentley's for the exact procedure, or Bruno's site has a good primer on it.

best, whit

rockyfeller
07-22-2005, 08:34 AM
I'll try that...with the super hot summer temps that could be what is causing it--your right, smart idea. I saw Bruno's site on door removal but I don't have a Bentley's (shoulda bought that a loong time ago), still I think I'll be alright and come to the bottom of this. Thanks Whit!

632 Regal
07-22-2005, 10:12 AM
I would go to the dealer and pick up a couple window guide sliders and replace the old ones. Clean the old grease out of the tracks and put in new. Not hard to do once the door panel is off.