PDA

View Full Version : Subwoofer plug and play?

PScalfano
07-20-2005, 10:28 PM
Hey guys... fairly new poster here but I have been reading this forum for information for quite a while. I am wanting to get a sub for the trunk and use it with the factory sound system. I replaced the four speakers in the back because they were cracked from the Louisiana heat or blown, and I am happy with the sound, but I think it could use a little kick. I saw that Bavarian Autosport offers a plug and play sub package, but it's really expensive. I saw the wiring schematics from the Bentley manual, but didn't see a sub port. My question is - how can I hook up a sub to the factory system? I will stop rambling now. Thanks yall!

pundit
07-20-2005, 11:18 PM
Hey guys... fairly new poster here but I have been reading this forum for information for quite a while. I am wanting to get a sub for the trunk and use it with the factory sound system. I replaced the four speakers in the back because they were cracked from the Louisiana heat or blown, and I am happy with the sound, but I think it could use a little kick. I saw that Bavarian Autosport offers a plug and play sub package, but it's really expensive. I saw the wiring schematics from the Bentley manual, but didn't see a sub port. My question is - how can I hook up a sub to the factory system? I will stop rambling now. Thanks yall!
Welcome to the 'asylum' ( :p )!

To integrate an 'off the shelf' sub/amp combo with the existing system try this...

http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/upgrade/stereo_subwoofer.htm

Cheers! :)

632 Regal
07-20-2005, 11:38 PM
im gonna get some bad azz boom soon!

e34it
07-21-2005, 12:21 AM
Or just get rid of the stock amp buy a head unit and one of those amp/subwoofer tubes, i have a pioneer subwoofer/amp combo $199.99 sounds great for the price, plus i a have another amp powering the other speakers

PScalfano
07-21-2005, 12:24 AM
Welcome to the 'asylum' ( :p )!

To integrate an 'off the shelf' sub/amp combo with the existing system try this...

http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/upgrade/stereo_subwoofer.htm

Cheers! :)

Very helpful, thanks for the link! That was just what I was looking for.

bimmerd00d
07-21-2005, 06:16 AM
You can get the Infinity Basslink on ebay for just under $200, and then wire it up yourself, saving yourself about $400-500 ;)

brodee
07-21-2005, 07:41 AM
You can get the Infinity Basslink on ebay for just under $200, and then wire it up yourself, saving yourself about $400-500 ;)

I have a buddy with that infinity basslink in his M3, very disapointed in how it sounds. I have a cheap bazooka tube in my e30 and it sounds 10x better.

Jason
07-21-2005, 07:44 AM
I have one. it only takes up 1 cu ft. It is not excessive bass, it adds nicely to the music. I got mine from www.onlinecarstereo.com it was the cheapest price i found, so look around before you buy.

bimmerd00d
07-21-2005, 09:42 AM
I have a buddy with that infinity basslink in his M3, very disapointed in how it sounds. I have a cheap bazooka tube in my e30 and it sounds 10x better.

ahh, i haven't personally heard one. I hear it isn't worth the $700 that Bav Auto has it for.

Jason
07-21-2005, 09:52 AM
and i sure it helps that it fires into the cabin from behind the armrest.

brodee
07-21-2005, 09:56 AM
and i sure it helps that it fires into the cabin from behind the armrest.

Probably so. His is isolated in the trunk. We drove the car from Florida to Houston with satelite radio hooked up to it and it really didn't sound that good.