PDA

View Full Version : Can't Find Part Number - Cap

uscharalph
07-20-2005, 05:53 PM
It's not that big a deal, but I'm trying to locate any missing parts. I know, I'm a little obssesive / anal. in the engine bay, right next to the main computer, there's 2 caps that scew on to hold down a cover. I've got them indicated in the attached picture. Does anyone know the part number or have an extra one. Thanks!

uscharalph
08-02-2005, 04:18 PM
Just in case anyone cared about this part number it's: 61 66 14 368 599. There's actually 5 of them on my car: these two, two under the cover they hold down and the last one holds down the windshield washer fluid resevoir.

My mission is to find replacements for all the caps / covers, etc the PO lost.

mikey535im
08-02-2005, 04:41 PM
Thank You Ralph, I too am missing one, searched a while back for the part # and never found it or had time to search further. Now I can add those to my next BMA order.
Mike

shogun
08-02-2005, 08:57 PM
My mission is to find replacements for all the caps / covers, etc the PO lost.

Hehe, you are not alone out there.
I do the same.
Cannot stop that. Just found the p/n 's of these rubber plugs in the doors. They were broken when I changed the outer door sealings. One has to remove them to oush yje slider forward inside the door which holds the outer door handle.

uscharalph
08-02-2005, 10:51 PM
Hehe, you are not alone out there.
I do the same.
Cannot stop that. Just found the p/n 's of these rubber plugs in the doors. They were broken when I changed the outer door sealings. One has to remove them to oush yje slider forward inside the door which holds the outer door handle.
I've been looking for that part number. I'm missing 3 out of the 4. Is it on realoem.com? By the way my local BMW part counter person wasn't too please about realoem.com. I like their software, where you can expand / room on a particular part.

uscharalph
08-02-2005, 10:55 PM
I've been looking for that part number. I'm missing 3 out of the 4. Is it on realoem.com? By the way my local BMW part counter person wasn't too please about realoem.com. I like their software, where you can expand / room on a particular part.
Actually, I had gotten so used to realoem.com, that I hadn't been using the etk software I had bought. Mine has that expand / zoom feature.

shogun
08-03-2005, 12:01 AM
If you use realoem, type in the car spec or your VIN, if you the do not know where to find it, use on the right on top search.
There is search by part number and search by word.
I just typed in 'plug' and that came out, look at # 10
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HC23&mospid=47402&btnr=41_0728&hg=41&fg=40&hl=29
The dimension on the rear door is different.
At least on my E32.

The 'new" parts catalog is also not bad. Can use for showing a pic here and has the possibility for cross references, where a part is used in other cars.
http://www.bmwtoolkit.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=56

Click on the blue p/n's and you get all cars where the part is used.