PDA

View Full Version : Follow-Up Question: Dragging Rear End

ElNormo
07-20-2005, 01:46 PM
In a previous post, I asked about spring/shock replacement. My 1989 535i is dragging its rear end as I go over bumps, into parking lots, etc. There does not have to be any bounce in the suspension. Even if I go through a dip very slowly, I can hear a scraping noise.

In this case, should I replace both rear springs AND shocks, or start with one? Which one first?

Thanks,

Norman

brodee
07-20-2005, 03:12 PM
Do you have any pics of the car to show how low it's sitting? I have some stock springs I just took off my car if you end up needing some.

ElNormo
07-20-2005, 03:44 PM
Do you have any pics of the car to show how low it's sitting? I have some stock springs I just took off my car if you end up needing some.

I've attached the pics. The previous thread is here (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=12171).

I'm looking to replace them with stock springs/shocks, so if you've got some lying around... I'd be interested.

Thanks

Norman

632 Regal
07-21-2005, 12:10 AM
looks like you may have a failed spring and/or bad shocks. Wouldnt kill the car to get new shocks and stock springs are good and plenty ringing in well under 50 bux anywhere.