PDA

View Full Version : Any one done camber correction.....

Kakaire
07-20-2005, 07:14 AM
I have an E34 525IA 1990 from Japan right hand with now 97,000km on the dial. apparently the drivers side front wheel leans more inside than the other. Any ideas of how to correct this??

By the way I live in Africa down a small country, Uganda in East of Africa.

thx.

mattyb
07-20-2005, 07:21 AM
geta wheel alignment.

Mobius
07-20-2005, 11:50 PM
geta wheel alignment.Front camber is not adjustable. All an alignment would do right now is confirm that his wheel is not aligned to spec.

If only one wheel is out, something (probably lower control arm or strut rod) is bent. If this is not the case, camber kits are available to adjust this out. Korman BMW (www.kormanfastbmw.com) and KMac (www.k-mac.com) make adjustable upper strut mounts.

632 Regal
07-21-2005, 12:29 AM
correct! What you may want to check is the distance of the front of the tire to the strut housing, if one is closer than the other than you probably have a bent one. If they are the same distance you may have a car that was in a front end collision and needs the frame pulled or "straightened" to fix her up. Either way after you fix the problem you should have a wheel alignment that ONLY consists of setting the "toe".

Kakaire
07-21-2005, 05:26 AM
and let you know the results. Though I have wheel aligh several times think it will correct this.

cheers.

Kakaire
08-23-2005, 01:00 AM
and let you know the results. Though I have wheel aligh several times think it will correct this.

cheers.

Hi guys, I while ago I had my right front wheel leaning at an angle inside and making my E34 look ugly. Well I just got a good used strut housing and this corected my wrong camber, guess what I am going to upgrade ma wheels... :D

thx for the replies.

David.

Kakaire
08-23-2005, 01:14 AM
Hi guys, I while ago I had my right front wheel leaning at an angle inside and making my E34 look ugly. Well I just got a good used strut housing and this corected my wrong camber, guess what I am going to upgrade ma wheels...

thx for the replies.

David