PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Used autopartswarehouse.com?

uscharalph
07-19-2005, 01:24 PM
In searching for better prices for spark plug wires I came across www.autopartswarehouse.com. Their prices on some things were better, plus No Sales Tax (Except NJ) and Free Shipping. Has any one used them? Any horror stories or praise?

uscharalph
07-19-2005, 01:25 PM
They also have match or beat pricing.

zuzuk212
07-19-2005, 03:57 PM
Try this http://www.taylorautomotive.com/
You will see that it's the basically the same but the prices are better ... I've been using them for the past couple months and they have been good ... except for the negative cash flow for me :p They give free shipping for over $75, I believe

I have found that there are a lot of cookie cutter places on the web ... the lay out is the same and even the available stock ... this was the best one I found price-wise.

Ken

uscharalph
07-19-2005, 04:58 PM
Thanks Ken. I like options.

shogun
07-19-2005, 07:25 PM
I do not stick to one of them. Always look out for special offers. Good example are the oxy sensors I bought from www.autohausaz.com.
OEM Bosch # 13231 $ 63.10/piece.
www.oxygensors.com - usually very competitive for this- offer them at $ 97.97. bavauto.com charge $ 119.95!
Here in Japan they cost $ 300 per piece. Ordered 6 of them (4 for my cars, 2 for a friends car) and got additional 2% discount for order >250$. Shipping to Japan was abt $ 40 by airparcel post.
Here is the online vendor list
http://home.earthlink.net/~hainesinutah/bmwvendors/

uscharalph
07-19-2005, 07:44 PM
Thanks Shogun. Thats a great list. Now my only problem is how many of them to check on certain parts. LOL

zuzuk212
07-25-2005, 08:09 AM
I placed an order with them and the salesman I had was painfully slow ... then I come to find out that the only way they contact their customers is via email. I guess I should really go with the upass wireless network card so that they can tell me their system or personnel are screwed up. They claimed that my billing address was different from the shipping address. Which it is not.
So, for them dropping the ball, I'm going to be screwed for time because they are not willing to help out with shipping.
So, as far as customer service ... they suck ... I'll have to see about the part if it ever gets here.

Ken

Picatavi
07-26-2005, 11:11 AM
I just bought a set of center caps from them. Shipping was pretty slow (about 8 days to reach me in Vermont). The order was filled properly. Other stuff I ordered the same day from BMA arrived in 2 days. I ordered the center caps from Autoparts because there was a pretty big difference in price on that one item. -Rich