PDA

View Full Version : Trick codes?

stx133
07-19-2005, 06:07 AM
in anther post, on steering wheel replacement, emw525E34 wrote

'Actually, I would use the "trick codes" of the OBC to show digital speed readout to be doubly sure of the correct speed. Those cops radar guns on friday nights are merciless!......'

does anyone else know about these codes, what is available

brodee
07-19-2005, 06:12 AM
Here's a link (http://home.iae.nl/users/bts/obc.htm) to the e32 codes. This has been posted before as to working with e34's too, but I haven't tried them. Let me know if it works.

Qsilver7
07-19-2005, 08:09 AM
Here's a link (http://home.iae.nl/users/bts/obc.htm) to the e32 codes. This has been posted before as to working with e34's too, but I haven't tried them. Let me know if it works.
Yes, they work with the e34, too. I unlocked my OBC....but not to change any of the settings...I tend to use TEST #9 the most...which will give you the battery's voltage (when the car is at rest) or the systems voltage (when the car's running).

It comes in real handy to see if a no-start problem is a low battery. How many times have we read someone complain that there car won't start, and they know its not the battery because the interior light, radio, and horn work. But we all know that this can all be true, yet the battery voltage can be between 10v-11v and not have enough juice to start the car. Well, you can do a TEST #9 and get a reading of your battery. :D

uscharalph
07-19-2005, 09:26 AM
Good tip!

Jeff N.
07-19-2005, 10:17 AM
You do have the cheat that unlocks the DME to euro mode and gives you another 35HP don't you?

Qsilver7
07-19-2005, 01:34 PM
naw...I don't have that one...but if you do...pulleezzzee share...I'd love to get a little moe ponies from under the hood!!! :p :D :p

emw525E34
07-19-2005, 09:12 PM
I used Test #7 most. Shows me exactly how much gas I have left. Sometimes the fuel guage is hard to read. The digital display is pretty good and accurate. At least it responds lots faster than the needle upon topup.

Nick.Hay
07-20-2005, 01:34 AM
Is "unlocking" the OBC likely to make the parked ventillation work??

saintlucifa
07-20-2005, 08:41 AM
Let me get this right... it is possible to access a set of hidden functions on my E34 535i OBC, one of which will display my current speed on the LCD screen... efectively working as a digital speedometer? If so, would this also display on the instrument cluster OBC screen? ..or only the display near the heating controls/stereo etc?

I ask this because I have a Momo steering wheel which is great to drive with but blocks out view of the top area of my instruments... making it hard for me to see the 100kmh area unless I slouch down a little to look.

Rory535i
07-20-2005, 08:53 AM
does this work on euro cars?

Qsilver7
07-20-2005, 12:19 PM
Let me get this right... it is possible to access a set of hidden functions on my E34 535i OBC, one of which will display my current speed on the LCD screen... efectively working as a digital speedometer? If so, would this also display on the instrument cluster OBC screen? ..or only the display near the heating controls/stereo etc?

I ask this because I have a Momo steering wheel which is great to drive with but blocks out view of the top area of my instruments... making it hard for me to see the 100kmh area unless I slouch down a little to look.
It only appears in the LCD display of the OBC. The LCD dsplay on the instrument cluster really belongs to the CHECK CONTROL system...anything other than the Check Control warnings, that appear in this display, are fringe benefits :p like the OBC functions that can be programmed in. Remember, there are Priority 1 warnings that will take over the display since it really is their display...and won't give it back until the problem has been fixed...and Priority 2 warnings will take over briefly, too...but then relinquish the display for other stuff.

Qsilver7
07-20-2005, 12:22 PM
Not, sure if it will...but you can always give it a try. But you probably have another issue if your park ventilation system doesn't function properly.

What does your OBC do when you press the TIMER button? If you get a stop watch function...then you don't have the park ventilation system. I believe you either get one or the other.

Bill R.
07-20-2005, 12:23 PM

stx133
07-21-2005, 05:16 PM
Dont tease me, what is the unlock code...

Qsilver7
07-21-2005, 05:58 PM
Dont tease me, what is the unlock code...
Brodee posted a link (2nd one in the thread) that has the instructions for unlocking the OBC . Everything you want to know about unlocking it and the information that it displays it at the link.

brodee
07-21-2005, 08:29 PM
I think he meant the 35hp code. That was a joke :D

Qsilver7
07-22-2005, 04:13 PM
I think he meant the 35hp code. That was a joke :D
Oh, okay...never mind. :p

stx133
07-23-2005, 11:39 PM
cruel and unusual.. will just have to supercharge with a whipple instead

Paul in NZ
07-24-2005, 12:38 AM
its not a joke but you have to have arhd car to get it!! :p
and Rory i dont think the euro cars have parked vent unless you have the "parked heater".Damn I just cant think of its name.....
You can get an instant readout of speed in the unlocked mode,and by having the speed function showing on the obc in normal mode and press s/r...

Rory535i
07-24-2005, 01:41 AM
its not a joke but you have to have arhd car to get it!! :p
and Rory i dont think the euro cars have parked vent unless you have the "parked heater".Damn I just cant think of its name.....
You can get an instant readout of speed in the unlocked mode,and by having the speed function showing on the obc in normal mode and press s/r...

sorry, i didn't mean the parked ventilation. i was referring to all the unlocked obc functions as in do they work on euro cars or is this just for US spec ones?

Paul in NZ
07-24-2005, 01:46 AM
euro cars too as far as i know....I mean to recalibrate my odometer when i find a measured distance.There used to be a few sign posted 5 km measured strips around but i dont know where one is now.

Kai@e34.de
07-24-2005, 12:52 PM
it does

Kai@e34.de
07-24-2005, 01:08 PM
unfortunately, there are many gubs in this description:

function #6: "AMPS" is completely wrong. it's the MEASURED current fuel tank level. don't know why there should flow ~80A (!!) with a full fuel tank and 8A with a empty one. nonsense.

function #7: "Fuel in tank as a % of full" is wrong. it's the CALCULATED (!!) current fuel tank level. the fuel tank sensor can't measure the current level if there are less than 8 liters in it.

function #10: "Speedometer correction" is nonsense, too. the only way to change the speedometer correction factor is to rewrite the coding plug in the instrument cluster. with #10, you can calibrate the fuel tank level sensor, and only if the orange reserve light in the fuel gauge is on and you are sure that there are accurate (!) 8 liters left in your fuel tank.

rnrn
07-24-2005, 07:22 PM
convert from km/hr to mph in Test 8?? Cool function, that one.

Nick.Hay
07-24-2005, 10:22 PM
man... Trust me to get the funking stopwatch!! :(

pundit
07-25-2005, 04:34 AM
Yeah, but only Alpinweiss ones! :p