PDA

View Full Version : tell me what you think of the wheels

kyleN20
07-18-2005, 01:48 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=43959&item=7986376946

Incantation
07-18-2005, 02:30 PM
they look ok on the car.. you will need hub-centric rings to make them fit though. ask the seller if they're included.

also.. before you buy wheels lower the car first.. cars with rims with fender gap that make them look like 4x4 are a NO

motuman
07-18-2005, 02:43 PM
I don't know anything about those wheels in paticular, but I can tell you that the black chrome (aka shadow chrome, hyper silver, etc.) process is difficult to perfect. Rondell has been trying to release some new wheels with that finish for several months and they have been unable to achieve a result they are satisfied with in manufacturing.

From what I have read, people seem to think that the M5 replicas from www.thewheelexchange.com have the best replica finish. I had a set on my 540i and the finsh was good, but just a little bit uneven (if you are super picky). One thing I would prefer about the Wheel Exchange wheels is that the front offset is 20 mm, which is stock. Although the 15mm offset works, and the difference from 20mm is very small, I still prefer to keep the suspension geometry as close to stock as possible.

brodee
07-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Only thing that bugs me about those wheels is that that //M logo is upside down. Easily fixed though I guess.

Qube
07-18-2005, 03:04 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=43959&item=7986376946

Mmmmm... not bad. Wonder how the quality is?

NB: DEFINITELY need to lower the car before running low-pro 18" !!

Jose
07-18-2005, 03:49 PM
Caca.

TheDuke
07-18-2005, 05:20 PM
I don't know anything about those wheels in paticular, but I can tell you that the black chrome (aka shadow chrome, hyper silver, etc.) process is difficult to perfect. Rondell has been trying to release some new wheels with that finish for several months and they have been unable to achieve a result they are satisfied with in manufacturing.

That’s true black chrome is a bitch to do it perfectly. Especially on a large and complicated object like a rim. If it’s not plated correctly it loves to peal. Especially on larger smooth surfaces like lips etc. Ask them about finish warranty.

RobPatt
07-18-2005, 08:11 PM
....seen those (real) rims on a black E34 M5 and it was really really nice....kick myself for not buying that car a few years ago... and the guy had two of them... two black M5s... didn't want to cough up the $$ and now I'm in a 525. nice car, but long shot from the //M. oh well... still love to drive what I've got, AND I'm still alive doing it :-)