PDA

View Full Version : #10 Fuse Question

1995 525i
07-18-2005, 07:27 AM
Hey everybody!
My #10 fuse (inside lights) keeps blowing and the replacement fuses that I can get my hands on look totally different than the one I took out. The one I took out says 32v and has a bar accross the top. The ones I bought to replace them doesn't tell me the voltage and has a Z shaped piece inside. Do I need to get replacement fuses from BMW or is there a better place to get them? Walmart, Autozone, and the other car places around here all sell the same type of fuse. Any ideas?

By the way, this forum rocks. It has helped me tremendously since I bought my car 1.5 years ago. My hat is off to those who started it and help facilitate it.

Thanks,

Michael

Shayne
07-18-2005, 08:25 AM
The fuse you bought will be fine.
If it also blows check the door switches for bare wire starting with the driver's door.
Then check the lamps themselves starting with the front.

1995 525i
07-19-2005, 07:13 AM
The fuse you bought will be fine.
If it also blows check the door switches for bare wire starting with the driver's door.
Then check the lamps themselves starting with the front.

Thanks

Javier
07-19-2005, 07:41 AM
Why do you associate it to interior lights?

If your fuse is actually F10, check the wiring from F10 to low beam light in the left, also the bulb socket.

Interior lights (not instrument lights) are F18 and F21, and F32 powers the auto relay.

Javier

1995 525i
07-19-2005, 07:47 AM
Why do you associate it to interior lights?

If your fuse is actually F10, check the wiring from F10 to low beam light in the left, also the bulb socket.

Interior lights (not instrument lights) are F18 and F21, and F32 powers the auto relay.

Javier

and one I don't know the answer to. All I do know is that without the #10 fuse my interior lights don't work but my headlights function normally.

Michael

Javier
07-19-2005, 08:26 AM
Can it be F21? When you mention interior lights, what do you refer to, map reading (the ones with a lens in front), plain interior lights, or instrument, and in dark location lights for the different devices?

Besides interior lights, F21 feeds Trunk lid lights, and the hinge harness problem may be causing it to blow once in a wile. Search the forum for Hinge, there is plenty of info on this trunk hinge harness issue.

Javier

uscharalph
07-19-2005, 09:35 AM
Ah! the Trunk Hinge.

1995 525i
07-19-2005, 09:51 AM
Can it be F21? When you mention interior lights, what do you refer to, map reading (the ones with a lens in front), plain interior lights, or instrument, and in dark location lights for the different devices?

Besides interior lights, F21 feeds Trunk lid lights, and the hinge harness problem may be causing it to blow once in a wile. Search the forum for Hinge, there is plenty of info on this trunk hinge harness issue.

Javier

When you open the door (2 by the rear view mirror and two in the back). Dash lights/radio lights etc. work fine when the fuse is blown.

Michael

1995 525i
07-19-2005, 02:20 PM

Javier

It wasn't the #10 fuse it was the #21. I just went out to try and find the fusible link and looked in the fuse box and realized I mispoke.

Javier
07-19-2005, 02:25 PM
Javier