PDA

View Full Version : Cooling System Overhaul

uscharalph
07-17-2005, 05:52 PM
Well it took a while yesterday, but my brother and I got my cooling sytem overhauled yesterday. New radiator, water pump, thermostat, hoses and belts along with BMW cool blue. I also bypassed my leaking heater core (one of my next projects). We drilled the hole in the thermostat. It took a few bleeding sessions last night. The car had me worried when the needle kept rising during the bleeds. But finally got it pretty full around 1:00am. We cleaned up and I drove it home (25 miles). Added a little more coolant this morning when the coolant level chimed in. Another short bleed and I think its done. It was pretty hot today and I was stuck in a lot of stop & go city driving. I had to sit with car on for 5 minutes at the gas station and the needle sat in the middle. Looks like we got it done right. KOW

uscharalph
07-17-2005, 05:53 PM
By the way, thanks for everyones help!!!!

Kalevera
07-17-2005, 06:19 PM
Sweet, Ralph...glad to hear it went well -- hopefully the car won't be overheating in traffic anymore ;)

best, whit

uscharalph
07-23-2005, 11:51 PM
Well today was the best test yet and the cooling system passed with flying colors. I was all over the place today and it was hot. A majority of the driving (Unfortunately) was stop and go. I'm so happy to have that behind me. Thanks to all of you who helped me out!