PDA

View Full Version : Chicago E34 Summer Picnic..'bout a month away

Jr ///M5
07-15-2005, 07:48 PM
Who's coming this year??? Good time for a road trip, and if the weather plays out like it has been, it's not going to rain... It's only rained twice since the first of June around Central Illinois. So bring your own H2O..... :D

It's a good time to see all your old friends, and meet some new ones. So fill 'er up with the $2.57 premium and say, "ROAD TRIP!" ;) .......it only happens once a year and every year gets better and better.

Thanks to DV ///M5 Kris, Brandon, and Scott H. for all the effort and work that goes into this great meet in celebration of the E34. :D

Hope to see/meet you there, Saturday August 13th, mark your calenders, and stay tuned for the details.

Jr
'91 ///M5

632 Regal
07-15-2005, 09:33 PM
Marked on my calander... this year im getting a room cause the long trip back is well...too long.

dacoyote
07-15-2005, 09:36 PM
Plan on being there.. may even get the paint fixed up by then....

-Charles

dacoyote
07-15-2005, 09:36 PM
Marked on my calander... this year im getting a room cause the long trip back is well...too long.

Where is "the place" to get a room?

Jr ///M5
07-15-2005, 10:05 PM
Lodging is available nearby the meet, and there are several different price ranges depending on your budget. The rule of, "Get your wallet out and leave it out", doesn't necessarily apply to the Chicago area. But a day downtown can be spendy....if it's not mapped out.

Jeff, I for one, am glad to hear that you've decided to stay in the city for the night. It's too long of a drive (1200 miles roundtrip?) not to enjoy the destination. If you can spend some time in the city, you'll be amazed at the sites and sounds Chicago has to offer, almost like a "Siren Song".... Junior would love to see the Museum of Science and Industry, along with the Museum of Natural History, along with all the other Museums and Buckingham Fountain while crusing with his "pops" on Lake Shore Drive....what a view!

Looking forward to seeing you all again in a few weeks.

Jr

632 Regal
07-15-2005, 10:19 PM
you planning a tour?

Alan_525i
07-16-2005, 01:08 AM
I'm still in the air about coming. I want to but over 700 miles each way is scaring me. But I will make the suggestion that all of us out of towners stay at the same hotel. Maybe if there are enough of us we can even get a group rate.

Brandon J
07-18-2005, 04:57 PM
OK, so only a few here have known about my engine debacle. A bad injector on the S38 about 3 months ago. Hmmm, not a pretty site, so it is getting rebuilt right now with overbored forged pistons. Hopefully it will be finished in time for the meet. That would be nice, a refreshed S38 with some JE forged pistons. :D

As for the motel, I will look into it over the next week.

western99
07-18-2005, 06:32 PM
I will see how things work out at the office.

Brian

bimmerd00d
07-18-2005, 07:49 PM
i've already got my PTO from work August 10-15. The g/f and i will be heading upon the 11th i believe, 10th if i can take my summer class exam then instead of the 11th. We'll be there a few days if any of you guys wanna get together and do something before or after the meet. Too bad i'm the outcast of the e34 group, i went to the dark side two months ago :(.

http://www.bimmerd00d.com/images/the540i/cleanpics/

Here are some large pics of it if you're interested :)