PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, I found it...the source of a clunking noise!!!

CheapCheap1
07-15-2005, 02:23 PM
After spending 2 wk-ends (on the suspension components & the shock tower), I finally took out all the front wheels.
Guess what...I found the source that made a nasty clunking noise. Well, a missing clip on the frt-LH/Driver side brake caliper is the real culprit that makes this nasty noise. (Duhhhh, I could have found it earlier--because, since I got this car back in Apr '05, everytimes when I touch the brake or when the car hit a small bump, a soft clunk noise just come up from the front LH/Driver side.)

Don't know if the clip just poped out by itself or the indy forgot to put it back.

Anyone has any idea how much would it cost?
Anyway, I guess I will have pay a $tealer near my hood for this clip. Or, anyone have a spare clip laying around for sell? Pls PM me.

Peace...

billb
07-15-2005, 02:39 PM
After spending 2 wk-ends (on the suspension components & the shock tower), I finally took out all the front wheels.
Guess what...I found the source that made a nasty clunking noise. Well, a missing clip on the frt-LH/Driver side brake caliper is the real culprit that makes this nasty noise. (Duhhhh, I could have found it earlier--because, since I got this car back in Apr '05, everytimes when I touch the brake or when the car hit a small bump, a soft clunk noise just come up from the front LH/Driver side.)

Don't know if the clip just poped out by itself or the indy forgot to put it back.

Anyone has any idea how much would it cost?
Anyway, I guess I will have pay a $tealer near my hood for this clip. Or, anyone have a spare clip laying around for sell? Pls PM me.

Peace...

Haven't seen them pop off too easily, but they're not on there very firmly in the first place.

Kalevera
07-15-2005, 05:11 PM
You mean the anti-rattle clip is gone?

Yeah, that'd do it.

best, whit

CheapCheap1
07-15-2005, 05:26 PM
Yes, the only clip - # 7 on ETK.
(Sorry, I can't paste the diagram.)

Well, at least, it calms me down a bit...b'cuz I thought either the bushing or one of those joints has gone south. (Though there is a cluck noise, the car is handling very smooth...no shimmy at all.)

Will see if I can get the part...