PDA

View Full Version : ? about doing springs

brodee
07-13-2005, 10:58 AM
We are doing 2 e34's this weekend using Vogtland springs. I've read the write-ups on it and it all looks pretty straight forward. Just wondering if there is anything we may break or anything else that may be needed? Since we're doing it over the weekend I don't want to get stuck needed some parts and having the cars torn down.

632 Regal
07-13-2005, 11:45 AM
besides a decent set of metric sockets and wrenches, some metric allen wrenches and a spring compressor.

Robin-535im
07-13-2005, 12:15 PM
We are doing 2 e34's this weekend using Vogtland springs. I've read the write-ups on it and it all looks pretty straight forward. Just wondering if there is anything we may break or anything else that may be needed? Since we're doing it over the weekend I don't want to get stuck needed some parts and having the cars torn down.

Upper spring pads for the rear... may be worn...
13mm crimp nuts for the shock towers... supposed to replace them and sometimes they get lost
ball joint puller tool
allen wrench to loosen the center rod of the front struts
assortment of 22mm wrenches to pull the thrust arm bolts

brodee
07-13-2005, 12:26 PM
Thansk guys. Tools won't be an issue since we're doing this at Mike's shop with a lift and all the goodies.

Forgot about the nuts, I'll get some of those. Should I go ahead and get the 3mm spring pads for the front while I'm at it?

liquidtiger720
07-13-2005, 02:52 PM
Heck yes you should. I forgot to buy the 3mm spring pads...and I'll have to go back in just to add a 5 dollar peice of rubber. =,(

pundit
07-13-2005, 05:55 PM
We are doing 2 e34's this weekend using Vogtland springs...
I'd be interested to hear what you think of them once fitted.
BTW, what shocks will you be using?

brodee
07-13-2005, 07:02 PM
I'd be interested to hear what you think of them once fitted.
BTW, what shocks will you be using?

Stock shocks for now, then I'd like to do Koni's later. Had them on my M3 and liked the way they performed.

liquidtiger720
07-13-2005, 07:30 PM
So, now you can get rid of that photoshopped picture =p

mattyb
07-13-2005, 09:11 PM
thinking of same springs.can u post and let us know how it goes. hope u have an easy
weekend

brodee
07-14-2005, 09:23 AM
So, now you can get rid of that photoshopped picture =p

Ya, finally! I did that pic to see how the car would look dropped. Liked it so it ended up down there. Planning on taking lots of pics during the installs.