PDA

View Full Version : OBC Temp Sensor help

Rory525
07-13-2005, 05:40 AM
Hi Folks,

I recently installed an OBC in my car. What I need now is to get the temperature sensor working.

Thing is I cant find the plug for it. I looked behind the front bumper where the fitting is for the sensor and didnt see any plug fitted.

I've read elsewhere people have found it near the horn, but ive never actually seen the horn on my car despite having looked around a lot...

Can anybody tell me where im likely to find this plug?

Many thanks
Rory.

Rory535i
07-13-2005, 05:47 AM
another Rory! we're multiplying! (sorry for the irrelevance of this post :p )

Rory525
07-13-2005, 05:52 AM
another Rory! we're multiplying! (sorry for the irrelevance of this post :p )

I think I said hi to you a while ago , but my user account seems to have been deleted? Had to rejoin today lol

Rory535i
07-13-2005, 05:54 AM
damn! lol, thought i recognised the car. oh well...

ukm5
07-13-2005, 05:54 AM
Hi Folks,

I recently installed an OBC in my car. What I need now is to get the temperature sensor working.

Thing is I cant find the plug for it. I looked behind the front bumper where the fitting is for the sensor and didnt see any plug fitted.

I've read elsewhere people have found it near the horn, but ive never actually seen the horn on my car despite having looked around a lot...

Can anybody tell me where im likely to find this plug?

Many thanks
Rory.

Another with the same question, read the old posts!

Rory525
07-13-2005, 06:15 AM
Another with the same question, read the old posts!

Sorry

Dan in NZ
07-13-2005, 08:33 PM
If you look through grill part between the kidney and lights (left side i think??) , it should be tied up near the top of the radiator. It's yellow in colour, but probably blackened with road dirt. Absolute bitch to get to. I had to remove the kidney grill section (not easy), then still couldn't free the wire enough to route it down to the correct location, so just plugged the sensor in and left it behind the grill. Seems to be relatively accurate with the tip of the sensor just behind the plastic grill.