PDA

View Full Version : ADVICE on New Suspension fitment

MotoMan
07-12-2005, 02:31 PM
Hi there,

I have been following threads for a while now with regards the different suspension "upgrades" and combinations. About all the suspension problems ect.

Thing is, i now need to do my suspension, the dreaded shimmy has appeared and i have checked bushes and they are worn. I have not had any suspension done in the last 120k kiolmeters.

My question is this: What are the BEST parts i can use to "upgrade" my suspension. I want to have 18 inch mags fitted (staggered) and with the max width available. In adition i do not mind a firm ride and want the drop in suspension to loose the gap at the front arches.

What recogmendations can someone give please to fulfil these requirements and at the same time allow me to redo the WHOLE suspension, shocksm springs, sways, tie rods ect.

Can anyone assit me in one thred with a solution that covers all these components with all possible "upgrades".

Many thanks in advance,

Victor

94 525im M50
Stock (for now)

Kalevera
07-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Aye...Victor. A lot of these questions are beaten to death on the daily around here.

Just to recap: use the OE lemforder parts on all non strut/spring/sway bar parts. They last the longest, they're worth the extra money. In terms of "best" struts/springs/sways -- it all depends on what you want. Harsh ride? Soft ride? Read Lenny's site -- http://www.bmw4life.com. In the upgrades section, he's posted an article on the various E34 suspension packages that are available.

best, whit

liquidtiger720
07-12-2005, 08:50 PM
Upgrade your thrust arm bushings to m5 ones or 750 ones.