PDA

View Full Version : Factory Raidio

mulebiscuit
07-12-2005, 12:45 PM
Allright fella's I need a little healp please... I have been working on a 1990 525i for some weeks lately. I purchased this car for my daughter and am trying to get everything ship shape before she gets her licence. I disconnected the battery to reset the computer to help with idle problems I have had. Now the radio proudly displays "code" and dosent work. I enterd the code found on the pocket card in the glove box but no dice. Yes I enterd it properly and yes I even left the power on for atleast one hour at the correct settings. I removed the radio today and it seams that it had been changed in 1999. So I wrote down some #'s I found on it,can someone out there look this up and give me a working code????pleeeeeaaasssseee.
Spec No /xh/us
Fcc ID
AJD4DIKE-83ZBM
If any other #'s needed let me know where to get them from and will post.
Thanks guys

JonE
07-12-2005, 12:59 PM
Try calling a BMW dealership, give them the #s you have and they can get the code. they gave me my code on my 325iC when I didn't have it. You might have to supply proof of ownership (others have stated this).

mulebiscuit
07-12-2005, 01:26 PM
yea but $50 is alot for a code for a cassete AM/FM. Add another $20 ontop of that and she has a new cd player.

uscharalph
07-12-2005, 01:31 PM
I just walked into the local dealership's service department with the radio in hand. As a (FREE) service they pulled it right up on their computer. The need the serial number of the radio. From your FCC # I can tell your head unit is the Pioneer KE-83zbm. The same one as mine.

uscharalph
07-12-2005, 01:33 PM
I didn't pay anything for the code.

infinity5
07-12-2005, 02:23 PM
Do you have the trunk cd changer? if not you should just get a cd player from best buy or something. I'm sure your daughter has impressive cd collection she'd like to be able to listen to on the go :)

mattyb
07-13-2005, 09:22 PM
same here. just walked in and showed id 2 minutes later a code. they even set it up for me .

Kalevera
07-13-2005, 10:19 PM
Get the serial number, post it, and I'll see if I can get the code for you.

best, whit

Jean@MtMiguel
07-14-2005, 01:17 AM
yea but $50 is alot for a code for a cassete AM/FM. Add another $20 ontop of that and she has a new cd player.
False advertising can draw you in for a low priced name brand player, but the drawback the merchant will sell you the wire harness for $40 or so, in essence still the same friggin price at any other store. The wire harness is standard part of the equipment ftom the factory, JUST BE AWARE!!, learned of it shopping for a player for another car.