PDA

View Full Version : OT: Almost ran over a brand new Lamborghini Gallardo on way to work...

DanH
07-12-2005, 09:45 AM
with my truck.

Either the Lamborghini Gallardo has terrible visibility or the driver figured he owned the road since he pulled out right in front of me as I was going through a 5-way stop intersection, the last car to go through (before me) was the car in front of him so it definitely wasn't his turn...

Those things have such tiny windows and big pillars I think he probably didn't even see me coming. It wasn't even registered yet, just a temporary permit in the window. Most people would be a bit more careful after just shelling out $177k for an Italian(half German parts) sports car...
At least he had enough HP available to get out of my way after seeing nothing but the chevrolet grill through his rear window(that was half blocked with the temp permit).

Oh well...if he keeps driving it like that its going to be featured car on that wrecked exotics site. :p

Robin-535im
07-12-2005, 11:35 AM
Oh well...if he keeps driving it like that its going to be featured car on that wrecked exotics site. :p

You would sure think that he would be more careful... but perhaps that's the mindset it takes to spend $177k on a car!

I think we could set up a pretty good business by selectively totaling exotic cars (discreetly of course) and buying them back up at auction. Like if someone needed a ///M5 drivetrain, we'd seek out a low mileage one and just push it off a ledge or something... :)

George Davis
07-12-2005, 11:44 AM
Prolly evil of me, but I think it would be ok to hit it. Certainly wouldn't hurt the looks, Lambo hasn't built a nice looking car since the Miura.

PatrickPGH
07-12-2005, 01:40 PM
That's crazy talk. These cars aren't nice, they're tempermental,furious beasts that look amazing.

Prolly evil of me, but I think it would be ok to hit it. Certainly wouldn't hurt the looks, Lambo hasn't built a nice looking car since the Miura.