PDA

View Full Version : Condensation in a fog lamp...

CheapCheap1
07-11-2005, 03:37 PM
Recently--about 2 wks ago, I noticed that one of my fog lamps (just the driver side) has some condensation inside.

Anyway, I took both of them out & clean up the lenses & housing good. (You wouldn't believe there was a film of dust lining inside the lense.) While I took the lamp apart, I also checked for a sign of any crack...nothing, nada...the housing & lense looked OK. No sign of any crack was found. (Except, there are 2 small openings for heat-ventilation; one on each side.)

Put both lamps back...(it's light much brighter) & drove in the rain last wk. Well, yesterday, I found the darn fog lamp (the same one on the driver side) just has a condensation inside the lense again.

I'm thinking about re-seal the seam (where glass lense & plastic housing contact). Just wonder if anyone has BTDT...Any suggestion on the material should I use & where should I seal it?

Many thanks,
CC1

632 Regal
07-11-2005, 08:42 PM
you most likly have a leak where the front glass and the housing come together, I inspected mine and used some cool red silicone...mistake. Use black all around the seal after you clean it up and that should take care of it.

CheapCheap1
07-11-2005, 10:09 PM
Many thanks for your advice, Jeff.
It'll be keeping me busy (& a bit messy) this wk-end. :D

you most likly have a leak where the front glass and the housing come together, I inspected mine and used some cool red silicone...mistake. Use black all around the seal after you clean it up and that should take care of it.