PDA

View Full Version : Ebay SecureTrade: Scam?

Elekta
07-10-2005, 08:36 PM
Saw an 04 acura mdx with 23kmiles asking $12k and found the seller was trying to export the car to the US from athens greece....too fishy and now the ebay listing says this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42600&item=4561063697&rd=1

This was on a buy it now, with like 9 days left to the auction.

Here is the return email from the seller....this has got to be a scam

Hi

The vehicle is in perfect running condition with no hidden damages. The purchase price is $12,000 US, all shipping and insurance charges included. This is an US vehicle and you won’t have any problem with its registration in your state. It comes with a clean and clear title which you will receive it in the same shipment. The shipment will take around 5 business days. The shipping and insurance charges will be down to me and you will pay the fees for transferring the money (about 5% of the total amount).

My wife works for the carrier and she will help me out with the shipment (as part of her job benefits). We are currently in Athens, Greece with business.

My experience in the sale business proved to me that quality is the key element to have a successful business. Good faith and passion for winning has always been my top priority and my most valued business approach. This is why I chose to be affiliated at eBay SecureTrade. I have with them a purchase protection account for $20,000 US. This money is for refunding my customers in case they are not satisfied with my selling activity. Using a third party, you will be 100% secure that you will receive your vehicle after making the deposit through SecureTrade. I will be 100% secure that I will receive the payment after you will receive and inspect the vehicle. If you are not satisfied with the vehicle or you find it not being as advertised, you can reject it and you will receive your entire deposit back. It's the best solution for an international purchase, don't you agree?

I am requesting a $6,000 REFUNDABLE secure deposit prior to shipping and the balance to be paid after delivery and inspection of the vehicle. If you are not 100% satisfied with this vehicle, you will ship it back on my expense and you will receive your entire deposit back. I am sure this will not happen, because it has no damages and you will have no reason to reject it.

If you would like to proceed with this purchase, send me your full name and your shipping address so I can register the transaction with SecureTrade ASAP.

Please advise,

Ron

I thought...04 Acura for $12k? too good to be true....well you know what they say.

anyone else seen shite like this on tha bay?

pundit
07-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Saw an 04 acura mdx with 23kmiles asking $12k and found the seller was trying to export the car to the US from athens greece....too fishy and now the ebay listing says this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42600&item=4561063697&rd=1

Hi

The vehicle is in perfect running condition with no hidden damages. The purchase price is $12,000 US, all shipping and insurance charges included. This is an US vehicle and you won’t have any problem with its registration in your state. It comes with a clean and clear title which you will receive it in the same shipment. The shipment will take around 5 business days. The shipping and insurance charges will be down to me and you will pay the fees for transferring the money (about 5% of the total amount).

My wife works for the carrier and she will help me out with the shipment (as part of her job benefits). We are currently in Athens, Greece with business.

My experience in the sale business proved to me that quality is the key element to have a successful business. Good faith and passion for winning has always been my top priority and my most valued business approach. This is why I chose to be affiliated at eBay SecureTrade. I have with them a purchase protection account for $20,000 US. This money is for refunding my customers in case they are not satisfied with my selling activity. Using a third party, you will be 100% secure that you will receive your vehicle after making the deposit through SecureTrade. I will be 100% secure that I will receive the payment after you will receive and inspect the vehicle. If you are not satisfied with the vehicle or you find it not being as advertised, you can reject it and you will receive your entire deposit back. It's the best solution for an international purchase, don't you agree?

I am requesting a $6,000 REFUNDABLE secure deposit prior to shipping and the balance to be paid after delivery and inspection of the vehicle. If you are not 100% satisfied with this vehicle, you will ship it back on my expense and you will receive your entire deposit back. I am sure this will not happen, because it has no damages and you will have no reason to reject it.

If you would like to proceed with this purchase, send me your full name and your shipping address so I can register the transaction with SecureTrade ASAP.

Please advise,

Ron

I thought...04 Acura for $12k? too good to be true....well you know what they say.

Well if you've checked the link recently Ebay obviously thought the same thing!... ITEM REMOVED!!

Shaun
07-10-2005, 08:43 PM

Hi

Please advise,

Ron

Vehicle auctions like this happen all the time on eBay, it's just become a "fact of eBay". Sad, but some people will believe anything.

dacoyote
07-10-2005, 08:44 PM
SecureTrade is NOT the real deal, thats a semi common ebay scam...

If its to good.....

-Charles

Elekta
07-10-2005, 08:49 PM
;)

Kalevera
07-10-2005, 08:54 PM
This guy's engrish sounds like one of those 419 Nigerians that Jeff and Junior correspond with on Yahoo Messenger.

And uh....5 business days to get a car from Athens to anywhere in the US? Yeah right.

best, whit

dacoyote
07-10-2005, 08:59 PM
They must be dropping it tank style out of a c17

-Charles

pundit
07-10-2005, 09:05 PM
This guy's engrish sounds like one of those 419 Nigerians that Jeff and Junior correspond with on Yahoo Messenger.

And uh....5 business days to get a car from Athens to anywhere in the US? Yeah right.

best, whit
Them nice dudes them Nigerians. One of them just offered me 20% of $3,500,000,000.00 just for letting him put some money in my bank account. What a nice man! :p

saj3n
07-11-2005, 08:42 AM
Them nice dudes them Nigerians. One of them just offered me 20% of $3,500,000,000.00 just for letting him put some money in my bank account. What a nice man! :p

haha....

i've had my share of ebay scams... including a Nikasil engine, when it was listed as not being one.... Great fun... now I just have to cough up another couple thousand $$ for an engine..