PDA

View Full Version : Dude! Ryan! you Okay???

632 Regal
07-10-2005, 07:52 PM
Watchin the weather the last couple days.... mann Hope your good to go!

Kalevera
07-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Roop drives like...1000 miles a week. I bet he's hanging out in SoCal on the beach or something :)

best, whit

ryan roopnarine
07-10-2005, 08:29 PM
Watchin the weather the last couple days.... mann Hope your good to go!

that storm was about 200-300 miles to the left parallel (straight line) to most of florida. it only affected where i live for about an hour or so....but when it did, i assumed it was going to be right on top of us soon. i drove in all of the hurricanes here last year, this was worse. in addition to the wind swaying my car side to side, i couldn't accelerate past 2000 rpm from standstill, the car would move as though the cv joint was broke, that's how much water was on the ground and how little traction there was. it was only when i got home last nite that i found that the bulk of the storm was nowhere near where i lived. i'd think winfred got way more of it than i did.

winfred
07-10-2005, 08:36 PM
we didn't get squat, i think i've seen 3 rain drops all weekend

i'd think winfred got way more of it than i did.

632 Regal
07-10-2005, 08:41 PM
man you guys rule! I see this crap and wonder how it affects you.

Glad your all Ok!

winfred
07-10-2005, 09:01 PM
i don't know about that, we haven't seen much action around here since andrew in 92, that was kinda fun went bike riding during the calm of the eye and as it passed i probably got up about 50 mph going down wind back to the house, about 5 days with no power, crap city water for 6 months, made some cash cleaning yards, gotta free roof on the house due to about half of the shingles getting blown off. florida got chewed up pretty good, i be damned if id live there, about the same heat and mosquitos but every couple weeks getting your house blown away, **** that!

man you guys rule!

tdgard
07-12-2005, 04:24 PM
I always say that there is nothing like a natural disaster to earn some money.

I work in the film industry and one thing we have are generators--BIG generators. Power up 20 homes and turn on everything kind of generators. Run a Home Depot kind of generators. Turn on a television station so they can show shots of muddy water kind of generators. When Opal hit I went and did those types of things for 8 different clients. Since we work on 10 hour minimums it was nice getting paid for 80 hours in a span of about 16--the phone did start ringing at about 3am though.:(

uscharalph
07-12-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm glad everyone's OK!