PDA

View Full Version : Light stays on after ignition is off

upallnight
07-10-2005, 12:13 PM
The light for my odometer and OBC display stays on after I turn off the ignition. The dome light does not come on when I pull on the driver door handle after locking up the car.

If I remove the unloader relay in the fuse compartment, the lights for the odometer display and OBC display goes off and when I pull on the door handle the dome light comes on.

Do I have a bad unloader relay? What is the purpose of the unloader relay?

Also do anyone have a supplier for the light bulbs for the third brake light for a 1993 e34 525I Touring? I was able to take apart the brake light but all the bulbs are solder to a circuit board. I went to radio shack and several auto parts stores, but no one carries the 12v 1.2 watt bulbs.

Thanks in advance

Javier
07-10-2005, 02:26 PM
fails (remove defogger and A/C functions).

Do not see how this behavior could be.

Javier

upallnight
07-10-2005, 08:22 PM
When I remove the unloader relay and starts the car and shut off the engine everything behaves normal, however, when I leave the unloader relay in the socket and turn off the engine the light for the odometer and OBC fremains on.

Javier
07-11-2005, 10:26 AM
you don't get the battery light working confirmation at key on (just before start) isn't. I can only figure that there is a short or similar issue in the cluster passing power from the unloader coil driving circuit (Battery light related) and the instrument lighting.

What surprised me most, is that this circuit is only powered in run and start, unless alternator diode and relay issues, or unloader relay loads issues.

Javier