PDA

View Full Version : anyone have 1 front bilstein so I can send a bad one in?

632 Regal
07-09-2005, 05:16 PM

632 Regal
07-10-2005, 05:23 AM
bumpety bump?

just 1 sport.

Alan_525i
07-10-2005, 06:22 PM
Call them. They send you a new one, you send back the old with a copy of your receipt. They only charge your credit card if the shock is either not bad, or your receipt is fake. Thats what I did with mine.

632 Regal
07-10-2005, 07:56 PM
I already called them, no way they are sendin a new one without getting the one in my car even with the failure pictures.

Once this BS is over ill put together at least a bunch of links on how to chop the bumpstops...pretty painless actually as long as both have em, tha bad one was like redish sawdust and oil.

Alan_525i
07-12-2005, 07:22 PM
Why won't they send you a new one? They've done it for many people. They take your credit card number and if you don't send back a busted one and a copy of your receipt, they charge it. Don't know why you are having such difficulty.

pmlmotorsports
07-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Why won't they send you a new one? They've done it for many people. They take your credit card number and if you don't send back a busted one and a copy of your receipt, they charge it. Don't know why you are having such difficulty.

Because Bilstein is a company that refuses to accept the belief that their product can fail. CONSIDER YOURSELF VERY LUCKY ALAN. I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO GET A WARRANTY REPLACEMENT W/O SUBMITTING THE POS STRUT INSERT FIRST.

632 Regal
07-12-2005, 08:01 PM
I'll have to agree with PML here, first they say they dont make a sport for my car then they tell me if i send it in they will inspect it...meanwhile Im without a car...not nice.

zuzuk212
07-14-2005, 09:14 AM
Because Bilstein is a company that refuses to accept the belief that their product can fail. CONSIDER YOURSELF VERY LUCKY ALAN. I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO GET A WARRANTY REPLACEMENT W/O SUBMITTING THE POS STRUT INSERT FIRST.

I had issues with tokico on my Z ... they failed from the shaft pitting and they only gave me crap.

Ken

Alan_525i
07-14-2005, 06:57 PM

Interesting. I really had no trouble at all with them. Next time around I'm doing Konis though.

ryan roopnarine
07-14-2005, 08:17 PM
if you are looking for just a shock insert.....

well, if i look at home, i MIGHT be able to find one of your boges at one of my sheds or workspaces, im just not sure where it is. it would take time, i got one apart, so that takes one out of the pic for you. if you are looking for a bilstein.....no help here.

if you are really stuck without a car, i know that some places will sell kyb's for about 30 each or so, but you'd probably have to drive around to find one with 22mm shock nut, et cetera.

632 Regal
07-14-2005, 08:44 PM
I just ordered another from BavAuto...cheapest around at 125 for one. Ill chop it up as soon as i get it and throw it in and call it a day.

ryan roopnarine
07-14-2005, 09:05 PM
I just ordered another from BavAuto...cheapest around at 125 for one. Ill chop it up as soon as i get it and throw it in and call it a day.

sorry to hear that, i dunno how i didn't see your post previously. them bilenstein people are bastards, i guess there's a reason that in real life boges cost more than bilsteins even though the boges should theoretically be cheaper. i'm not giving them a cent unless im buying one of their shocks that doesn't come with a lifetime warantee.

632 Regal
07-14-2005, 09:09 PM
Billies have a lifetime warrantee