PDA

View Full Version : Wife's thinkin bout tradin in the 92 535iA

Elekta
07-08-2005, 10:22 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/bmw/4b841c27.jpg
Gray interior 112k

We bought it from her mom's next door neighbor around 97 for $14k. It was the wife's car, dad had an X5 and a mint 71 3.0cs which he still has, and pre e34 528i... he maintained all the cars meticulously, though for some reason he never taught her to avoid non touchless car wash's. She didn't want to give it up but he'd just bought her the new e39 540iA

We have every record from new..so first driver was houston house wife with fanatic bmw husband, and second driver is austin house wife with obsessed tourer husband.

It's rock solid, not a vibration, brakes so smoothly and confidently...much better than my tourer. I put new bilsteins on it, but the car has never been seriously challenged it's entire life.

That said it was chick driven, so the paint is swirled, and there are shopping cart dings all up and down the left side <shakes head in disbelief> you know what they say about leading a horse

I couldn't guess what it's worth, but I was going to offer it to my older brother who has a daughter turning 16 next spring, but as we have a 3 y/o and a 2 m/o new born, it's just not cool enough with Texas heat and it's only June.

We'd like to go X5, but I may give her my touring and get the new Honda truck. I really like the idea of a truck that's mostly front wheel drive and can still get 21mpg and tow 5000lbs.

She wants a used All Road...she will not drive a mini van, though we haven't been in a Sienna yet. Couldn't be a better time to buy american, but what would you get? She hates SUV's and is clearly going to hate everything once out of a 535ia....probably the best chick car ever made, especially a blond texas hottie in a black beemer...there is no substitute. calvin's, white t-shirt, boots and a black 5 series..

I wish I could swing an 02 4.4is with NAV and climate package with less than 50k on the clock..

suggestions? takers?

TIA
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/bmw/cc9dcb52.jpg
only two pics I have in a 64 pic folder...:)

geoff

Elekta
07-10-2005, 07:56 PM
nuthin?

what's a never wrecked well tended un modded 92 535ia barely broken in 112k e34 worth?

Kalevera
07-10-2005, 08:32 PM
Geoff...

$3,500? $3,000 with mucho door dings? Maybe less? Who knows...for a while, it seemed like nobody could give away the 5 speeds. Personally, I wouldn't know what to do with an automatic -- I've already got one :D. And at 112k...well, you know.

best, whit

EDIT: oh, btw, I'm sure you meant, "a blonde Texas hottie in black bimmer"...although one on a black beemer would be hot, as well.

Elekta
07-10-2005, 08:46 PM
$3500? damn, might as well keep it. It runs perfect, totally reliable, not a single drop on the garage floor and barely broken in....not even a year's pmts on a new car.

I thought it'd go for at least 5k. $3500 I'd take from my brother for his daughter to drive next year.

bimmer beemer, tomato tomahtoe

don't get me started mr cleese

Kalevera
07-10-2005, 09:07 PM
You should keep it.

Why get rid of a good thing?

By the way -- I could be COMPLETELY off with that figure. I'm just thinking about what cars have been going for recently, and some of that is based on the assumption that a 5 speed is more desirable than an automatic, which isn't ALWAYS the case (when will those people ever learn ;) ).

best, whit

dacoyote
07-10-2005, 09:09 PM
I wish I had a 5 spd.....

at least KMS is close if I decide to pay someone to do the swap.

-Charles