PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pressure/temp gauge on a 525i m50 questions.

AZ_Jason_S
02-24-2004, 09:37 AM
If I want to add Oil Pressure/Temp gauges on my 525i m50, do I need to use that mount that BMP sells for $100? Also, I assume I need the electrical pressure gauge correct? Finally what range for the oil pressure?

JR'Z 525
02-26-2004, 02:30 PM
Jason,
I bought the sending unit mounting block from BMP, pn 130770 and managed to make it work. The two sending units picured in my BMP book are not included. I still retained the oem sending unit for the o/p light and was able to install a sending unit for oil pressure and oil temp as well. It seems I had to cut the threads on the hollow mounting bolt a fuzz more to assure a good seal on the crush washers. I used electric powered guages. I'll have to get back to you on the VDO gauges and sending units I used as I can't put my hands on the paperwork right now. Let me know if you have any other questions.
JR
92 525

AZ_Jason_S
02-27-2004, 12:11 AM
Yeah, I was hoping there was an alternative. $100 for a small chunk of Al is a little harsh. I guess your paying for the machine work. Don't worry about the other stuff I asked about, that adapter was my real concern....