PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like a good deal?

Beez540
07-08-2005, 02:27 PM
The paint on my hood, roof, and trunk lid is badly faded and worn away. I can cut and polish it to a point... but I'm running out of paint. Also the painted nose portion of the grill is chipped to hell.

I found an auto refinishing/detailing place that locals have had good things to say about. I talked to the guy that runs the paint shop and he quoted me $750 for a full repaint of the hood, roof, trunk, and grill section. The independent portions are easy enough to paint... just some burn and blend to the rear pillars where the roof connects to the rear side panels.

That price would also include a full detail inside and out.

I think it would be a good investment in the value of the car, but I'm awfully poor right now.

brodee
07-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Sounds like a good deal to me. I'm paying $350 just to have the lower black sections body matched. One shop even quoted me $1500 just for that. Just check out some of their work, if they don't do it right it will bug you later.

632 Regal
07-08-2005, 04:00 PM
hood and both fenders 1200, gonna pass...750 sounds mighty fine to me!

Beez540
07-08-2005, 05:34 PM
750 sounds mighty fine to me!

yea, it seems pretty solid. I'm gonna check them out a little closer, but I think I can move some things around and get it done. They can have it done during a work week too.

May have to put on the kidney black outs and have them paint match that whole nose piece.